Thread: Newbie saying hello.

Thanks

Default Newbie saying hello.

I always find being a newcomer on a board like this a very daunting experience and never know what to say but here it goes!!

My name is Nikki, I am almost 30 and am married with 3 children; 6, 5 and 3. They keep me on my toes and cause me even more tiredness but I wouldn't change them for the world.
    I was diagnosed with Lupus almost 3 years ago now. I cant say that I have completely come to terms with it yet either. It still takes me by suprise when I have a bad day. I have just recently come off prednisolone after 2 and a half years. Feels odd not having to take them every day. Lupus has changed my life drastically and I wish I could be more positive about it but it still breaks me down when I really think about it.

Add on top of that my recent (yesterday!) secondary diagnosis of Inflammatory Arthitis and I am a bit of a wreck at the moment. I joined here because I wanted to talk to people who know and understand what I am going through.

Anyway, I am not always depressive honest. I am a nice, fun person normally I promise! Hope to get to know you all. xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

hi and welcome.
    please read through the threads.
    add a comment where you want to.

we are like an extended family.........only we are supportive..most of the time

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-14-2011), tgal (07-14-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    hi and welcome.
    please read through the threads.
    add a comment where you want to.

we are like an extended family.........only we are supportive..most of the time
    MOST OF THE TIME??? Steve. Lol

Hi Nixxo welcome to a great family who will just bless your socks off as you deal with lupus and raise those dear children. Gosh what a load you carry. Hope you find a place to vent and rest here.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Ni Nicki! Although I hate the reason that you had a need to come here but since you do I am glad that you found us. As you may, or may not know, many people with Lupus (or any Auto Immune diseases) have what is called "overlapping" disease. It just means that once you have been diagnosed with one very well may get diagnosed with more ( as you have),

Please make yourself at home. Feel free to look around because their is so much information to be found. Also, if you have something specific that you want to discuss or just need to share feel free to start a new thread. I really look forward to getting to know you and welcome to the WHL family!

Thanks

Hi Nikki,

Welcome to our great family of WHL and so lovely to have you with us...you learn so much through the threads and when you need to vent just come on and do so, as there's always some on 24/7 being worldwide.

Nikki it is an hard Disease to come to terms with because of how it makes you feel and now Arthritis ontop, it feels like a boat load but it's going to be nice getting to know you.

Terry xxxx

Thanks

Thankyou all for the warm welcomes! x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nikkie!!
    Oh please, that's one of the least depressive introductory posts i've read on here so far (: We all come here for support and to talk to people who have some idea of what we're going through, and as a result, that means a lot of us are lost.
    There's absolutely nothing to worry about or be sorry for- the great thing about here is being able to whine and rant, and everyone's going to understand and try to help you through your time.
    Having 3 kids is a big thing to deal with even without this disease, so I have major props for you (:
    New diagnosis' are always hard, it's important to just take everything one day at a time, and come here for laughs and ranting, hehe.

Anyway, welcome to WHL! I'm glad you found us! Feel free to rant or just talk anytime