Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pain in neck and shoulders?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Neck and shoulder pain is part of the symptoms I was having before they found my lupus. They thought I had meningitis . They where going to stick a needle in my spine to test me for meningitis. So glad they didn't. I still get the Neck and Shoulder pain now, when I flare.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

Wow Gary you have been through a lot. I sure hope the doc can relieve your pain and spasms soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (07-14-2011)

Thanks

Hi Gary,

Hows today been for you mate...i'm just hoping it's been a little bit better as there's nothing worse than niggling pain constant.

Terry

Thanks

Hi Terry, How are you? My neck is still really sore or I should say my upper back, I didn't think lupus affected your spine,I'm not sure what's going on, all my joints are sore, and i have a sore in my nose,and I am very tired, My rash came back about 2 months ago, but went away about a week ago, my left leg is numb and been that way for months, and I have had alot of weird sesations all over my body for a couple of months now, I have had them all my life but in the 2 or 3 years ever since I first got the rash, all these things that have been happening to me forever are more frequent, much worse and lasting longer, I am kinda glad the rash showed up because if it didn't i would never have known anything was wrong with me, been this way for so long I thought it was just "normal". anyway hope you are having a good day and take care -Gary

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gkf109 For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-14-2011)

Thanks

Hi Gary,

I'm the usual mate been getting more legs spasms the last 2 days and my calfs swelled bad today well that comes off the Scleroderma and then out the blue this afternoon my liver kicked off, well i've been on the water today to help my organs and i bloody hate the stuff as i'm a tea lover.lol

Your neck can be like that for a while i get it in my neck but lately it's hitting the left side and shoots pain into my head and yes it can affect your back and give you some right pain mate...can i suggest something if you don't mind and if they've not already done it, push for a full MRI over your body and that shows up alot more than x-rays on what's going on.
    I've been commenting on a thread about sores up the nose, it's manderson's thread, i've got them regular and my left nostril feels like it's being slowly eaten away,the sores come then dry crusty and come out in bits when blowing my nose then they leave me feeling like my nose is running badly and when i blow it nothing there.
    Gary with what your going through the aching, is pain moving from one area to another and i will admit even myself now find it hard to handle and you can't explain it to people who don't suffer it because they'd think christ you look healthy enough, we're actually mate silent suffers of a Disease that can rouine you unless it's controlled by drugs.

Gary my day ah been tobad mate it's 01:16am here in the uk.lol but you just takecare. Terry
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-14-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks

I get the neck and shoulder pain very bad also and I see a LMT for some deap tissue massage, yea it hurts like heck for a couple days but then the muscles let go and it feels better. I only go once every three weeks, wish I could afford more.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Yes and yes, I do get shock feeling where my whole body will shake. Its runs down my spinal cord. Yes there is days I can't move my arm. I have some good meds for this however some days they don't work and other days wonderful.
    Hugs
    Liz

Thanks

Hi Gary,

How you feeling mate since we last spoke and is the pain still as bad...i'm hoping it's not and also giving you a break.

Terry

Thanks

Hi Terry, I am still having pain hope it goes away soon,but I don't think it will,how are you doing hope all is well!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gkf109 For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-18-2011)

Thanks

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear your still the same mate...the Rheumo told me with this pain we suffer besides joints and my GP agreed because i always check with him because of my other meds, that whatever meds i take for the Lupus i can take upto 4000mg daily of paracetamol, when i reach 3000
    mate i'm on another planet...it may be worth checking out though but just don't start taking them.

I've been relaxing more today Gary and been reading all night as i woke this morning half my face paralised off the sjogrens i just hate that as it feels like a stroke and my left calf keeps swelling of the Scleroderma.