Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to hospital and 3 days off.

Thanks

Default Trip to hospital and 3 days off.

Hello my WHL family,

Just wanted to keep you guys updated on what is going on with me. Last night I got home around midnight and had a huge hot flash as soon as I step through the door and started throwing up to the point where I was having trouble breathing. I got a hold of my mom and told her what was happening and she told me to drink some ginger ale and go to bed. I tried that and then a hour later it got worse and and I was losing my balance and at this point my stomach was on fire and I called my mom and told her when it was getting so she came and took me to the hospital and with in a hour of being there I was hooked up to IVY drip with gravol and morphine. They determined that my large intestine and small intestine was inflamed and causing major discomfort. 5 hours later my blood pressure was really low, they released me and told me to stay home for 3 days and just rest. Today so far I have slept most of the day away and had some flat ginger ale and black tea and bits and pieces of toast and some soup.

Doctor said no heavy foods, rich foods or deep fried food or spicy food.

so as for right now I'm up and I have a little discomfort and I'm having some black tea with hunny. Hope you guys are having a pain free day and all the best.

Luv ya,

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

ouch

hope you can rest and your intestiines settle down

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

panda_lupo (07-14-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

D: That sucks! I hate throwing up.. That must have been pretty frightening. :/
    I'm glad you're out of the hospital now though. Take care of yourself and get some good rest! Even after the first 3 days, if you're still feeling under the weather you need to make sure you listen to your body and get enough rest for you to recover. Don't push yourself too hard.
    Find some good movies and books to curl up to (:
    Hope you feel better soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

panda_lupo (07-14-2011)

Thanks

Oh you poor girl. Sleep and heal love.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

panda_lupo (07-14-2011)

Thanks

Hello Amanda,

Good Job you alerted your mom mate and got up ER...it sounds terrible what you went through, have they mentioned how long it will take for you to get better??...relax mate and take it easy till you feel at least 80% better in yourself.

((Hugs you way)) Terry xxxxxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

panda_lupo (07-14-2011)

Thanks

Hi guys!!!

Update on my status is after two day of sleep and going to the Backstreet boys & New kids on the block concert as I had already paid good money for my tickets and was not missing them haha

I feel a lot better! My tummy still bloated and a little discomfort but all in all ok!

Im back at work after 2 days because, sadly i dont have enough sick days to take 3 days but so far being its been ok! Although none of my bosses have come to talk to me.............. but thats ok cause i have a doctor's note

But dont worry mates im taking it easy and slow!!! Thanks for your support!

and the movies I watch was The blind Slide, The Losers, Inception, RED & Role Models! Great movies if you have'nt seen them

AmandaPanda
    "We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Glad you are feeling better!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

panda_lupo (07-14-2011)

Thanks

a Pic From the Concert
    Attached Images Attached Images

AmandaPanda

Thanks

Panda I'm so glad you are feeling a little better. I remember years ago experiencing the cold shoulder coming back from being so sick. It's very sad, isn't it? I also remember that one girl in particular used to talk about me behind my back about it. Guess what? She is now my supervisor! However, now she is sick and they are testing her for AI issues in August as she has thrown blood clots and has joint pain and fatigue. What goes around comes around. Now she treats me really well. Hmmmmm??????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Panda I'm so glad you are feeling a little better. I remember years ago experiencing the cold shoulder coming back from being so sick. It's very sad, isn't it? I also remember that one girl in particular used to talk about me behind my back about it. Guess what? She is now my supervisor! However, now she is sick and they are testing her for AI issues in August as she has thrown blood clots and has joint pain and fatigue. What goes around comes around. Now she treats me really well. Hmmmmm??????
    Agreed! I truly believe in KARMA!!! and thank you all for being supportive =)

AmandaPanda