Thread: Finally got skin biospy

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Finally got skin biospy

Well the results came in and all my dermy could tell me was that it was an allergy and that it could be from the sun. I was not happy because I asked her to order everything when she took the sample and then find out she didn't order the fluorescent ?? test. She forgot to and she was supposed to separate the skin and send a request so when she gave me the results she asked me if I wanted her to do another biopsy.....I said no. I will wait a little longer. Basically the biopsy was useless. My rheumi already said he thought it was a photosensitivity rash. What a mess. The dermi seemed apologetic, but I was frustrated. She just said she thought it was a rash from the sun and that by looking at my livido reticulus and raynauds, there was pretty good chance I have a connective tissue disorder just like my rheumi said. Basically I am no further along to finding out exactly what I have. One pos ana 1:80 and two negative and many symptoms. I was really hoping it would pinpoint something. Oh well....

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Uggh! I know it must be frustrating when a doctor does not do (or forgets to do) what you requested and, therefore, you are no further along than you were when you went to them in the first place. And biopsies hurt!! I guess since they were not taking a plug out of her body, she could ask if you wanted another one.
    I am sorry that you did not get any more answers :-(
    Gentle Hugs

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Ronnie,

I do feel for you mate and biopsy's do hurt where ever done but what a let down on not testing right for things and apologies don't settle what you needed to find out.

I really hope you manage to get it sorted out quickly xxxxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Well the results came in and all my dermy could tell me was that it was an allergy and that it could be from the sun. I was not happy because I asked her to order everything when she took the sample and then find out she didn't order the fluorescent ?? test. She forgot to and she was supposed to separate the skin and send a request so when she gave me the results she asked me if I wanted her to do another biopsy.....I said no. I will wait a little longer. Basically the biopsy was useless. My rheumi already said he thought it was a photosensitivity rash. What a mess. The dermi seemed apologetic, but I was frustrated. She just said she thought it was a rash from the sun and that by looking at my livido reticulus and raynauds, there was pretty good chance I have a connective tissue disorder just like my rheumi said. Basically I am no further along to finding out exactly what I have. One pos ana 1:80 and two negative and many symptoms. I was really hoping it would pinpoint something. Oh well....
    Don't you sometimes wonder why we know what needs to be done more then the docs do? I am SO sorry for you! So often Lupus is a game of "hurry up and wait". Just keep us posted as you keep pushing for some answers. Remember that we are here for you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    I was not happy because I asked her to order everything when she took the sample and then find out she didn't order the fluorescent ?Well? test. She forgot to and she was supposed to separate the skin and send a request so when she gave me the results she asked me if I wanted her to do another biopsy.....I said no. I will wait a little longer. Basically the biopsy was useless.
    Why donít you want another biopsy? IF you have another one, they might find what they were expecting, then you can have an answer. Inquire if you are not charged for the second biopsy though because your doctor forgot to test certain things in the first place.

My dermatologist told me that the two biopsies wouldnít scar ... so tell me, what are those sewing stitches that are very prominent on my upper chest??? Apparently, not scars, just a couple of ladders that appeared on my chest around about the same time the biopsies were performed. It is a bit like the doctor telling you that an injection wonít hurt that much, hurt who??? Of course it doesnít hurt the doctor. Oh And here is another one ... my physio asks me every fortnight if he is hurting me, I tell him yes, and he says good and pushes harder. And then he tells me that if my exercises are hurting me not to do it. He tells me he is only allowed to hurt me, but I canít hurt myself.

Sorry i got a bit off track here. See if you can have another biopsy and ask about getting the account reduced because of the doctorís mistake.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Ronnie, I'm sorry you wishes were not listened to. I had a rash all over my arms and went to a dermotologist who treated me like I was overly concerned and gave me cream and sent me on my way. Today I see the doc who did the biopsy on my uterus. I have a statement ready for her if she is short & rude to me again. I am going tell her I admire her intelligence but if I had her social skills I would be out of a job. Forgive me if I sound cynical but I doubt the dermotologist "forgot" to order the test. I think they oftentimes have a God complex. I have met few good docs & once I find them I will drive far to see them if I have to.

It's okay to scream a little and then write a letter to someone of importance...like the insurance company.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-20-2011)