Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my daughter has lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm so sorry
    If there's any consolation to it, it's that it's a disease you know (though that is also one of the hardest parts). You can share with her the things that work for you, go to the same doctors (which is wonderful if you've tried a lot already), and have a better understanding.
    Like you said though, we have many things in common with our children...but that shouldn't be one of them. =(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kim,l View Post
    well sarah my 23 year got test results back today she has positively tested for lupus she will be seeing my rheumi on friday i have long since suspected this but it does not make me feel any better looks like my mother gave it to me and then i gave it to sarah it was my worse fear with everything else that is going on with her looks like her fast pulse rate seizures, chest , pain bladder problems fatigue, joint pain,cold sores the diziness headaches, endimetriosis brain fog it is all linked and as she was told it was in her head just like many of us she also suffers from lung problems, i know we like to have things in common with our children but this is not one of them i am so sad for her thanks for listening everybody. looks like there just may be a genetic link after all for some people. hugs kim l
    Hi Kim,

I am so sorry mate to hear this but mine was inherited like you know just the same and have they said your daughter's seizures come from it as mine did, i've been having bladder problems which the Lupus started and i'm now taking tablets to stop it.
    It's such an early age and it's terrible at 23 and even our younger member's as you've got no life once it starts but i do hope your rheumo can help your daughter inthe best ways possible.

My love goes out to you both Terry xxxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Kim,
    I'm sorry to read this. We've all discussed how much our AI diseases seem to be hereditary, despite what the docs try to tell us.
    It does help you to make more sense of the symptoms that Sarah has been having, though.
    Take her by the hand and guide her through this, Mum. Who knows? It might draw the two of you closer together.
    Hugs to both of you,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is a very difficult thread for me .... however, I did want you to know how sorry I am to hear that your daughter has been diagnosed with Lupus. Please do not blame yourself for her having the disease. If family members are genetically predisposed to having some type of auto-immune disorder, and they are sharing some of the same stressors and/or aggravating factors (environment etc.), then I suppose that it is quite possible for family members to have the same disease.
    You have been with us for quite some time, you've shared and gained a lot of knowledge that will be so helpful to your daughter as you help her through this. Also, I am sure you know that we are always here for both of you

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

thankyou all for kind comments sarah sees rheumi friday hopefully medication will start and she will feel better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kim,l For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-13-2011)