Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy birthday craftkeeper

Blog Entries
    Thanks

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You devilish little house cat, you.
    I'm sorry to hear you had to get a cane... on the bright side, you can smack those yunguns in the knee caps when they bug you. Step on peoples feet when they piss you off, and they'll apologize to YOU, because you have a cane!
    Ehem. Sorry, I'm thinking too much of Dr. House.
    Happy Birthday I hope this week is a good week for you - better than today - and that you start feeling better soon.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craftkeeper View Post
    Thanks Guys, i had a good day. I cried a little but i guess it was just a mixture of things. Debbie-b, at 52 it all hangs out wheater i want it to or not.LOL
    I had to go to a leg brace day before yesterday, then yesterday my husband came in carrying a cane for me. It was very thougtful of him, i guess i just never have thought of myself with a cane. Not this young anyway. But all in all it was a good one and i am blessed.. AGain thank you my friends
    OMG I remember the day I had to get a cane. It is so hard to do. I understand the tears and i wish I had been there to give you a birthday/cane purchasing hug!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    A cane is a yucky thing to get on your birthday. I guess it's like getting a toilet plunger - there may be poo (and I don't mean Winnie) running down the hall, but it's the last thing you want to deal with on your BD ;P

I'm sorry about the leg brace, too. That is a pretty vivid, daily reminder of what this disease has done to you. It's great, though, that you can look around and see the blessings in your life. I think that is the only way to survive the backed up toilets in our lives. Take care!
    LOLOL That is priceless!!!!!

Thanks

Even though i have never met any of you guys personally, i love each and everyone of you. You are just the greatest bunch of guys to talk to. The cane wasn't actually part of the birthday present, it just happened that he had to give it to me now. And dont get me wrong i'm very thankful to have it. I had to get down on my butt and scoot down stairs the day before so i'm okay with it. Elo if i whacked everybody that pissed me off there sure would be alot of bodies littering the road. LOL Thanks everybody you sure did cheer me up.

Thanks

Hi Craftkeeper,

So sorry mate about your belated birthday wishes and never mind the walking stick...i hope you got a full make over mate.lol (wink)

Thanks

Laeta Dies Natalis, Craftkeeper! (just a bit late)

One of the best presents that I ever received was a custom-made cane from my students. I always used one at school (before I was 50), so they had a lovely one made for me with Roman motifs and even real Roman coins on it as a going-away present. I will always cherish that thing!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh My..let me wish you a belated happy birthday as well. I think that the mixed emotions are very normal for our age group - especially dealing with this illness. Nonetheless, I hope that you are having good days and joyful moments in each and every day!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes. I do think that your right saysusie about the age group idea. I know things effect me so differently now. I guess i finally figured out that i'm not immortal.LOL Oh well i promised myself i would look for the best in every day and i'm really going to try.

Thanks

Craftkeeper,

That's all any of we can do is try and look our best, especially with so many things going on. xxx