Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spitting Mad

Thanks

Elo - get out of my brain (and kitchen!). Same thing here and I don't even want to go into it because it just makes me madder and madder when I see the mess. We are all adults living in this house people - let's just clean up after ourselves. Aye yi yi!

Don't know who Ben Folds is but I'm sorry Sharpie

Thanks

I wonder which one of us could scream the loudest!!!! Sometimes it's all you can do.
    Sue

'Friends are like stars.....You don't always see them, but you know they are there.'

Thanks

Elo, I am so glad you posted this. I am going around my apartment like a crazy woman. When my kitchen is messed up, I fly into a complete rage. If my living room, bathroom or any place people can see when they come over is messed up, I fly into a rage. My husband commented the other day and said, "Before, you would be ok with the place looking like this. It's not a mess. I wouldn't be embarrassed if people came over. But you have changed. You fly off the handle for little stuff". Oh boy. That was the door opening I needed to chew his head off, but I didn't. I smiled and concurred because his sister was there when he said it and by the time she left, I had forgotten his comment. But I fly off the handle for the grandchildren not hanging up their wash clothes after showering. I fly off the handle too much. I am so scared at times because I CANNOT control it. I mean, I literally CANNOT control this. I am in such a bad flare right now that I am afraid. If you go to my fb page, you can see how I look today after being outside yesterday for two hours. I hate these serious mood swings.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiessave View Post
    AARGH! Just. . .AARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had gone through all the emotions that this newly diagnosed chronic and debilitating illness was going to bring. I was actually kinda proud that I let myself feel everything; the anger, the sadness, the sense of loss, the fright. And the good stuff too; the relief of a dx, the new chance, all the wonderful people here.

Well, last night I was slapped across the face by an emotion I'm suprised I never saw coming: hot, red, seething anger. The kind that makes you sweat. The kind that pushes everything but hate right out of your bleary head.

Now that I'm writing this it seems ridiculous, the reason for my raging anger. Tomorrow night Ben Folds is gunna be in concert an hour away from my house, and I can't go, and it's all this stupid sickness's fault, and I feel utter hate about my situation for the first time. I've been mad about it before, but now it's a burning hate that I haven't felt since puberty, when sudden flashes of redness would send me running to my room and slamming the door.

I may have been able to go a week ago. I might have been able to go if it was happening 2 months from now. But right now my body's way out of control. And the show is outdoors and it's gunna be 99 degrees in the shade, only there won't be shade. And I know that if I went I would suffer hardcore, and probably end up hospitalized. And even though I know all this, a huge part of me wants to just go anyway. I wanna see Ben! It would be my sixth Ben show, and every one is better than the last.

I can't believe that this is the thing that pushed me over the edge. Somebody PLEASE tell me you've had a similar reaction. What, so far, has been the biggest, dumbest thing that's set you off?

Good grief, I feel like a toddler stomping my feet and shaking my clentched fists at the evil parent who wouldn't let me play with the loaded gun.
    Hello Sharpie,

Behave mate kids do that behaviour and hark at me i'm the worst one i bet on the site for throwing mad ones and i love my music but count yourself lucky seeing Ben..i've never been to concert in my life now that's enough to make anyone scream.

(WE COULD SCREAM AND BURN TOGETHER) (wink) lol

Thanks

Terry,
    Someday, when we visit England, we're taking you to a concert, mate!
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-12-2011)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, as you can see, we all fly off the handle because of this disease. I remember my rheumy told me, years ago, that our emotional reaction to this disease is not unlike a wounded lion. A wounded lion, who is in constant pain, is much more dangerous than a mother lion protecting her cubs. The constant pain makes the wounded lion want to lash out constantly (and that usually means kill, thrash, and devour everything in its path!).
    It is unreasonable to expect someone living with constant pain, debilitating fatigue, loss of control, and the loss of our former lives, to be Pollyanna! For this reason, my rheumy suggested therapy (I am a big proponent of therapy and I have no shame in admitting that I go regularly and have been doing so for years!). It helps me immensely!
    I know Rob used to have a punching bag that he beat up on a regular basis..that was quite some time ago though, I think. But, hey, if it works, then do it.
    Lashing out is sometimes good for our health as it is very detrimental to keep all of those emotions inside. They cause undue stress which then exacerbates our disease. We just have to be careful how we lash out and to whom we lash out to.
    Lately..my rage has been "Can I just get two frakking hours of no pain?? I'm not asking for a week, I'm not even asking for a day..Just TWO LOUSY HOURS!! Dammit!!"
    Ok..deep breath...exhale......

Peace Out
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Terry,
    Someday, when we visit England, we're taking you to a concert, mate!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Marla,

"Bless you mate" what a lovely thing to say...i do my concerts through the TV.lol but it's better than nothing i always say.

Love Terry xxxx