Thread: freaked me out

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default freaked me out

I live in a house that does not allow the street or driveway to be seen from the living room. I'm married to an excop. For security reasons and just plain handy, hubby has installed a camera with a monitor set up next to the tv so we can see the street and whatever or whoever is in the driveway. This was especially handy when the kids were little as they could ride their bikes and I could stay inside and still keep and eye on them. Although the neighbors did think it was strange that they'd ride by and wave at the house...
    Anyhow, I digress.

Today, I was attempting to relax in the livingroom when I saw someone walk up the driveway. I had no idea who it was until my husband walked in the door. That freaked me out because I have no idea why I didn't notice his vehicle in the driveway, nor did I recognize that it was him. Total and complete brain fart. Until he came home, mine was the only car in the driveway and I recognized that, yet I didn't think to notice his big SUV??
    That has NEVER happened before and I pray never does again.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    I live in a house that does not allow the street or driveway to be seen from the living room. I'm married to an excop. For security reasons and just plain handy, hubby has installed a camera with a monitor set up next to the tv so we can see the street and whatever or whoever is in the driveway. This was especially handy when the kids were little as they could ride their bikes and I could stay inside and still keep and eye on them. Although the neighbors did think it was strange that they'd ride by and wave at the house...
    Anyhow, I digress.

Today, I was attempting to relax in the livingroom when I saw someone walk up the driveway. I had no idea who it was until my husband walked in the door. That freaked me out because I have no idea why I didn't notice his vehicle in the driveway, nor did I recognize that it was him. Total and complete brain fart. Until he came home, mine was the only car in the driveway and I recognized that, yet I didn't think to notice his big SUV??
    That has NEVER happened before and I pray never does again.
    WOW. That must have been really difficult! It is so strange what things our brain can get screwed ( like me trying to remember how the word screwed is spelled) up. Just a suggestion... if you know you are having a bad "brain day" you might want to let things like driving or really important duties off until tomorrow. Just my 2 cents worth (and what does 2 cents buy now anyway!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-09-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i suffer from what i describe as brain pauses.
    it was one of the main reasons i stopped working.
    my scariest was i drove for over 1 hour with no memory of driving.
    and i ended up at a different place to where i wanted to be.

i hope you do not end up like i was.
    stress is one of my biggest triggers.

Thanks

That is scary. I have had a few moments when I felt totally disoriented and missed something obvious. Mari has good advice about not driving and making important decisions. I think we should add not trying to shorten your husband's work slacks on those days. $50 capri's in a 32x26 anyone?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Moments like that are really scary... personally, I'm just glad that you're fine and nothing bad came of it. I haven't dealt with that (so far), so I can't really identify with it, since my worst brain fog so far has just been being completely able to finish sentences.
    Still, that's got to be really difficult and scary - and i'm sorry you had to deal with that

Thanks

Rita,

It sounds like you had one classic bad moment which happens to we all...my hubby as our place rigged up and the screen is next to my pc but as soon as anything is heard the dogs losed out and god help anyone who crosses his path.