Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm fairly new to this site.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile Hello, I'm fairly new to this site.

Hi, I posted on this site several months ago and never got on again.. after reading a few blogs today, i guess i haven't introduced myself.. My name is SUZY and I live in Cocoa, Florida.. I have had Lupus for over 39 years now !! I am 52 and happily married (2x around) to my soulmate.... and raising a second family ! I am guessing this is like Facebook but for people who suffer, we all have this in common.. I'd love to hear from you and chat but i am not so computer savy and don't get on much..But now, after my parents died (2 in within one yr apart) I feel like i have all this time on my hands and So i would be pleased to have friends and chat every once in a while.. I have had Lupus for so long I probably could answer and be helpful to many of you... Thanks for reading this and hope to hear from you.. Have a Blessed Weekend ! Suzy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SuzyFlores For This Useful Post:

luv1only63 (07-09-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

It is so wonderful that you have decided to come out of the shadows and join us! We can never have too many family members but ones with 39 years are always helpful. So many new people are scared that they are about to die so people like you can show them that it doesn't have to be that way.

Please let me welcome you to the WHL family and I look forward to getting to know you

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Suzy,

You have lived with Lupus for over 39 years. Wow! That, is awesome. It's been nearly 8 years now for me. I always like to tell the newly diagnosed about people here who have lived with Lupus successfully for many years. It really gives them hope, and it's real living proof that you can indeed have a rewarding, and full life, despite all that SLE throws at us.

We would be honored to have you share your knowlege and experience with others here. Welcome to WHL!

Rob

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-13-2011), tgal (07-09-2011)

Thanks

I'm with Mari and Rob, it's great to have a long time conqueror with us. Maybe you'll brush up on your computer skills by hanging out with this rowdy crowd.

Thanks

Hi Suzi, welcome! Glad you can join us. I know you will be a blessing as I know many will encourage you as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Suzi! Welcome to WHL. Your years of lupus "experience" will be valued not only to those who have been dealing with it for quite some time but the newbies especially will benefit. Please come back often and don't be shy! I don't think shyness is allowed here. I think I read somewhere in the bylaws that shyness will not be tolerated... (tee hee)
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Back!
    It is a bit like facebook, I suppose, except that we have more meaningful discussions on here than just one liner status updates and pictures. The site is a little daunting at first, but once you figure out the basics, it's pretty easy to get around (: I'm sorry to hear about the death of your parents, especially so soon within eachother.
    This is a great place to communicate with everyone at almost any time - especially when you just need to vent and talk to someone who really understands your illness and pain.
    Welcome again!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

hi glad to have you with us.
    i too have been suffering for over 30 years.

Thanks

Hi Suzy,

Nice to have you with us at WHL and also your years of experience of Lupus...which goes a long way onthe site and helping other member's but it's nice to keep we updated on how your feeling besides.

It will be nice getting to know you Terry xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome fellow suzy (well, actually I am Susie..well really Saysusie..ok, I am really digressing here!!)
    Anyway, welcome to our WHL family. I am so happy that you are here and that you want to get to know us. We are a loving group who supports and comforts one another. We also try to provide information, research, and answers as best as we can.
    I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your parents and I hope that you are able to find some peace and comfort.
    Please browse around the forums, pop into any conversation that you like, and make yourself at home! You will find that there is always someone here when you need us!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!