Thread: Bad Days and Dreams - A correlation?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Bad Days and Dreams - A correlation?

Hey there everyone,
    as of late I've noticed that my dreams and symptoms seem to be linked somehow. When I'm more sick, I have worse dreams, but also in the reverse as well.

I was wondering if anybody else has noticed this or had this happen for them as well?

I've been having a pretty icky week, and have also had some horrible dreams along with it, and it made me really wonder. My dreams also seem to be worse on the days that I feel the worst.

Thanks everyone :) Just mild curiosity - after all, it could just be me. I've had pretty chronic bad dreams/nightmares for years now, and it's only recently started clearing up.
    Hope everyone's doing well!

Thanks

It's an interesting thought. I have been a flare since Mid-May and have been complaining of bad dreams to my husband. My current theory was that it was related to one of my meds...but nothing is new lately so perhaps it has to do with our level of exhaustion and deepness of the sleep we are able to get into. I wonder if maybe we don't get as deep into sleep and wake remembering REM dreams or something. TO be honest, I almost never remember my dreams but have been waking up with a racing heart rate, etc with these ones. And over the last few years it has been the bad dreams I remember....not sure if they were on bad days. I will have to pay more attention.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunny28 For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-08-2011), tgal (07-09-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am not sure about the dream thing but this is a great thread to post this in. My daughter read about this and told me and now I am going to show you. I just thought it was really interesting!

16 facts about sleep

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-08-2011), Nonna (07-09-2011)

Thanks

My dreams are definitely more vivid when my lupus is more active. I also act out my dreams more often, or wake up and think I am somewhere else. It's heck because I will thump around our bedroom desperate to pee , thinking I am in a barn or a castle, and I can't find my way out. My husband will wake up and tell me where I am, but I still can't find the bathroom door.

Thanks

I have terrible dreams when I feel like crap and feel like crap when I have bad dreams. When I feel bad already my dreams show it and if I just have a bad dream they usually wake me up which causes me to get little sleep and become sore. Its been the story of my life for months and none of my sleeping meds are helping. I had a dream a couple weeks ago that I was shot in the back. Woke up and my back hurt. I found out I had a UTI the next day.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia (as well as other overlapping conditions that I won't go into now lol). I know that sleep disturbances are a symptom of the FM and when that condition is in a flare, I have the most horrid nightmares. I have to take medication to help me sleep and, being in a deeper sleep seems to ward off the nightmares! So, I agree that flare-ups of our conditions do probably lead to sleep distrubances :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 07-09-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow! I was actually really surprised that other people had noticed this too! It's so true to me, that it's almost like I can predict a bad day just by the dream I have.
    I didn't think anybody else would really have it though - that's pretty cool. Well, okay, it sucks, but it is an interesting discovery at least.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-12-2011), steve.b (07-09-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    Well, okay, it sucks, but it is an interesting discovery at least.

it does "suck"

it is suprising that the relationship has not been studied more.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunny28 View Post
    It's an interesting thought. I have been a flare since Mid-May and have been complaining of bad dreams to my husband. My current theory was that it was related to one of my meds...but nothing is new lately so perhaps it has to do with our level of exhaustion and deepness of the sleep we are able to get into. I wonder if maybe we don't get as deep into sleep and wake remembering REM dreams or something. TO be honest, I almost never remember my dreams but have been waking up with a racing heart rate, etc with these ones. And over the last few years it has been the bad dreams I remember....not sure if they were on bad days. I will have to pay more attention.
    I must have been in a deeper fog then I thought yesterday because I would have stopped and mentioned that my doctor(s) even believe that part of the pain and fogginess is from not getting the "real and deep" sleep that my body needs. I think I will try to keep track as well. Thanks to both of you for bringing this up. I might have to pay more attention to my sleep (or lack of) patterns

Thanks

Hi Elo,

I'm unable to add about dreams to your post because once i'm gone with all my meds...i'm not dreaming mate i'm on cloud nine instead. xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

Elo (07-11-2011)