Thread: Update on my progress

Threaded View

Thanks

Lightbulb Update on my progress

Hello everyone. I want to sincerely apologize for not being here since May. Life got a little crazy, a few family crises to handle, and now I have poison ivy, on top of everything else! Man that stuff makes you miserable. I broke out Monday and went yesterday to get a steriod shot, and I got 2 prescriptions for a topical cream and anti-itch medication.
    As far as the Lupus goes, I technically was not diagnosed as I previously thought. However I am seeing a Rhuematologist on July 27th. SO I will have more news then. I have had to wait 3 mo. for this appt.! Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Good thing its not an emergency!! LOL! My pain was really high for awhile and my Pain Dr. raised my Vicodin to 3 a day and added 800 mg Motrin. I have tried the more expensive anti-inflammatory's and they don't help. But using the two together does seem to keep the pain in check, and it knocked me out of the flare! Now if I can just remember what poison ivy looks like so I won't do this to myself again, lol! (Second case of PI in 3 yrs., you would think I would know by now). Lesson learned: don't pull ANY weeds without gloves on!
    I fight like a girl against any illness that invades my body. www.fightlikeagirl.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Txredhead For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-06-2011)