Thread: Update on my progress

Thanks

Lightbulb Update on my progress

Hello everyone. I want to sincerely apologize for not being here since May. Life got a little crazy, a few family crises to handle, and now I have poison ivy, on top of everything else! Man that stuff makes you miserable. I broke out Monday and went yesterday to get a steriod shot, and I got 2 prescriptions for a topical cream and anti-itch medication.
    As far as the Lupus goes, I technically was not diagnosed as I previously thought. However I am seeing a Rhuematologist on July 27th. SO I will have more news then. I have had to wait 3 mo. for this appt.! Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Good thing its not an emergency!! LOL! My pain was really high for awhile and my Pain Dr. raised my Vicodin to 3 a day and added 800 mg Motrin. I have tried the more expensive anti-inflammatory's and they don't help. But using the two together does seem to keep the pain in check, and it knocked me out of the flare! Now if I can just remember what poison ivy looks like so I won't do this to myself again, lol! (Second case of PI in 3 yrs., you would think I would know by now). Lesson learned: don't pull ANY weeds without gloves on!
    I fight like a girl against any illness that invades my body. www.fightlikeagirl.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Txredhead For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-06-2011)

Thanks

Hmmmm...my appt will be Aug 8 and I'll have waited approx 2 months. Waiting is the worst!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

Txredhead (07-06-2011)

Thanks

Hi txredhead, sorry you are itching like mad. It is 3 shiny leaves. In the fall it turns red. Evil stuff!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Txredhead (07-06-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there! It is really good to see you. I am really sorry that you are itching but I am so glad to hear that the flare is under control. I know that makes things easier (at least when you are not covered in rashes LOL). Please keep us posted as to how the doctors appointment goes. I will keep you in my thoughts

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i am glad the flare has subsided.
    27th of july marked on my callendar

Thanks

Hello Red,

Don't apologise mate..we all have things come up one time or another.

Sorry to hear you've got poison ivy mate i bet that is sore and i bet your glad in one way now knowing what's going on refering the Lupus and come the 27th you'll know furthur diagnosis hopefully it your bloods was'nt playing up.

Well i'm glad to hear the meds your using are helping your pain as it all can be a right nightmare at times and i do feel for you mate.

Love Terry xxxx

Thanks

Red - about the poison ivy, if the rash is still there after 3 weeks or has turned into blisters, please see a doc.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there! I am so glad to see you again! I am really glad that the flare is under control and I will cross my fingers that the poison Ivy goes away soon. Meds now usually make you feel better quickly

Thanks

Hi Red,

How you feeling now since you posted your thread and i hope you've managed to pick up abit in yourself.

Terry xxx