Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein in urine?

Thanks

Default Protein in urine?

So I went to my PCP for a physical and of course he ordered all these labs. Im trying not to worry but it reads as follows: Your lab results listed below are negative for diabetes. You do have some protein in your urine however, Please follow up in 30 days! Below wehre it says Protein -L 1+ Flagged (A) Negative/trace. Im trying not to worry because I have NO idea what this means, if anything. I know someone had posted a link to where to look up blood test, can you repost please.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    So I went to my PCP for a physical and of course he ordered all these labs. Im trying not to worry but it reads as follows: Your lab results listed below are negative for diabetes. You do have some protein in your urine however, Please follow up in 30 days! Below wehre it says Protein -L 1+ Flagged (A) Negative/trace. Im trying not to worry because I have NO idea what this means, if anything. I know someone had posted a link to where to look up blood test, can you repost please.
    Actually you don't need to worry yet. Whenever it says "Trace" it means that there is not enough to be worried about but it needs to be watched. I have an issue with having blood in my urine but every time it is only a "trace" so we watch it. Even healthy people can spill traces of urine from time to time so just try to relax. If it was a big issue they wouldn't have wanted to retest in 30 days!

Hope that helps

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-05-2011), steve.b (07-05-2011)

Thanks

Yes, when I was a midwife's assistant we always checked for this at pre-natals. If the Mom was throwing a trace amount of protein, we would have her to cut down on salt, eat a healthy diet, and we would re-check it in a few weeks. If it continued past a few weeks, we would send her to her doc.
    Don't worry unless it continues.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-05-2011), steve.b (07-05-2011)

Thanks

I have had protein in trace amounts, 3x in urine. I keep watching it myself, as I don't want trouble either. I think you can rest about this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

trace amounts are normal for me too.

terry had the link for blood results.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-06-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Honestly you can't really know what the blood results mean until you know which measurements they are using. Each company has a different "standard" and that can be found on the results page from the doctor. Once you have that and it gives you the "normal range" then you can go look up how far out of range something is. With this one it is easy because it is a simple "trace" but, in general, you need the normal range before we can figure out the standard used.
    Last edited by tgal; 07-05-2011 at 10:48 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    trace amounts are normal for me too.

terry had the link for blood results.
    Hi Steve,

Your right mate about that Lab link for results and i can't remember what thread i added it to...marvellous.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-06-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Honestly you can't really know what the blood results mean until you know which measurements they are using. Each company has a different "standard" and that can be found on the results page from the doctor. Once you have that and it gives you the "normal range" then you can go look up how far out of range something is. With this one it is easy because it is a simple "trace" but, in general, you need the normal range before we can figure out the standard used.
    Mari's right where blood testing and urine testing is done labs do it all in different ways..half the time that's why different hospital's show up different results plus it's how long bloods and samples have been standing which can make an ulteration in the readings.

The Lab link i added before was showing what the name of bloods was if member's did'nt know what the meaning off them was and the chart showed more.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-06-2011 at 06:25 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-06-2011)

Thanks

Thank you guys, MANN I love this bunch. I will wait until monday to talk to my rheumy about it. Again thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Thanks

Oh your welcome, that's what we're all here for to stand by one another and when you see your rheumo...please keep we all updated on how your visit went.

((Hugs Terry)) xxx