Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sun and eyes

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

a couple of things i have noticed.

medications like mtx makes sun effects worse.

dry eyes are effected by chlorine.

dry eyes are effected by sun.

sweat in the eyes burns more, when the eyes are dry.

ritz, maybe swimming goggles are your answer

Thanks

Swim goggles are good, they come in a variety of tints.. but another great option are sea specs. I use them to surf sometimes and ALWAYS when I stand up paddleboard. They have an adjustable strap on the back, dark tint, and holes on the bottom so the water can drain out. They're made for extreme water sports. I really like them.. Just remember, like before you snorkel you have to either spit in your mask to keep it from getting fogged up. Same with the seaspecs. You can either do that or I prefer to wash them out with dishwashing liquid. There are plants you can use also to rub on the inside of the lenses for the same purpose... These glasses are polarized, $50/pair or 3/ $100. They're stylish, comfortable.. seaspecs.com

I know Im sounding like an advertisement but my eyes KILL me and I live where it's sunny all year. Ive got like 20 pairs of sunglasses and wear them constantly... When it comes to eye wear I don't play games!!!!!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dawn patrol For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-05-2011), Peridot20_Gem (07-05-2011), steve.b (07-05-2011), tgal (07-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dawn patrol View Post
    Swim goggles are good, they come in a variety of tints.. but another great option are sea specs. I use them to surf sometimes and ALWAYS when I stand up paddleboard. They have an adjustable strap on the back, dark tint, and holes on the bottom so the water can drain out. They're made for extreme water sports. I really like them.. Just remember, like before you snorkel you have to either spit in your mask to keep it from getting fogged up. Same with the seaspecs. You can either do that or I prefer to wash them out with dishwashing liquid. There are plants you can use also to rub on the inside of the lenses for the same purpose... These glasses are polarized, $50/pair or 3/ $100. They're stylish, comfortable.. seaspecs.com

I know Im sounding like an advertisement but my eyes KILL me and I live where it's sunny all year. Ive got like 20 pairs of sunglasses and wear them constantly... When it comes to eye wear I don't play games!!!!!
    Dawn,

Sound advice mate for member's on WHL who love their water sports like yourself.