Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun and eyes

Thanks

Default Sun and eyes

Do any of you have problems with your eyes that seem to be caused by the sun? I have had issues the past few times I've gone swimming the last year but I always chalked it up to getting sun block or something in my eyes but I just dont think thats the case because it happens everytime. I used to be able to swim under water with my eyes open and be out all day with few problems but my eyes were BURNING yesterday along with about 5 million other problems that were definitely sun relater. Anyway. Could this be sun, or maybe even the chlorine? I've never had a problem with any of it before until last summer.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Yes Ritz I get bloodshot eyes and they burn and tear from sunshine. I wear very dark sunglasses and it helps quite a bit. Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (07-04-2011)

Thanks

I already have dry eye problems and have Sjogrens screenings so Im wondering if that could have anything to do with it as well. Yesterday just did a number on my body. I slept good last night lol I was so drained.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I too have dry eyes from hoshimotos. There are drops plus ointments that can help with this. I think you best use goggles now. We are just like magnolia flowers now. The least little thing and we are wilting. You know what I am noticing. I am getting worse as time goes on. I hate it! But what is the alternative?

Thanks

I do too. I feel like things that weren't hardly a problem for me 2 years ago when I was diagnosed are huge problems for me now. Its really frustrating. I really am becoming a vampire these days. I really hate it. I love being outside and especially taking pictures and stuff and I just cant do it much anymore. Swimming used to be my favorite summer activity and now it takes so much more out of me.

Thanks

I have chronic dry eye and sun sensitivity and use many things. I have tear duct plugs, Restasis,Systane and Genteel gel. I must wear sunglasses and a hat at all times and stay out of wind and air conditioning. At night i have to use warm wet compresses. Not only does the sun make it worse, but florescent lights will also. My plugs and Restasis have helped a great deal, but i go back to my eye doctor this week and am quite sure i will be getting top plugs.

If i get chlorine in my eyes it murderous. It really is alot to deal with and i know when your eyes hurt your whole body feels bad doesn't it?. My eyes feel like i have something in them all of the time . Big hugs and i hope you get relief soon.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craftkeeper For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-04-2011), ritzbit (07-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    I already have dry eye problems and have Sjogrens screenings so Im wondering if that could have anything to do with it as well. Yesterday just did a number on my body. I slept good last night lol I was so drained.
    Hi Ritz,

I've got the sjogren's like you mate and my eyes go bitty and the chlorine in the house water when showering me makes my eyes sore for ages, so be careful if you go swimming but the sun as a large affect also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craftkeeper View Post
    I have chronic dry eye and sun sensitivity and use many things. I have tear duct plugs, Restasis,Systane and Genteel gel. I must wear sunglasses and a hat at all times and stay out of wind and air conditioning. At night i have to use warm wet compresses. Not only does the sun make it worse, but florescent lights will also. My plugs and Restasis have helped a great deal, but i go back to my eye doctor this week and am quite sure i will be getting top plugs.

If i get chlorine in my eyes it murderous. It really is alot to deal with and i know when your eyes hurt your whole body feels bad doesn't it?. My eyes feel like i have something in them all of the time . Big hugs and i hope you get relief soon.
    Ritz,

I'd listen to craftkeepers sound advice as she's gone through hell and back with her eyes and if she does'nt know, then nobody does.

All the best craftkeeper with having your eyes done again. xxx

Thanks

Awww Thanks Terry, I knew if i kept it up i would get you to feeling sorry for me. LOL Hugs girl and i hope you are doing well this night. I to hope this visit goes well. He is a really great doctor and is very sympathetic to Autoimmune problems. Believe it or not after all this time since Feb i still have the same great big blister in the corner of my right eye. He didn't want to lance it if he didn't have to for fear of infection, but i want it taken care of this time if possible.
    I know alot if not most everyone here has some sort of problem with their eyes and i really feel for each and everyone. Sometimes mine hurt so bad when i'm driving that i will have to pull off the road. My doctor said it would take about six months to feel the full effect of the Restasis. It's really a bad situation too, because some of our medications can make the sun sensitivity even worse. But like everything else, What can you do? Gotta just keep going on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craftkeeper View Post
    Awww Thanks Terry, I knew if i kept it up i would get you to feeling sorry for me. LOL Hugs girl and i hope you are doing well this night. I to hope this visit goes well. He is a really great doctor and is very sympathetic to Autoimmune problems. Believe it or not after all this time since Feb i still have the same great big blister in the corner of my right eye. He didn't want to lance it if he didn't have to for fear of infection, but i want it taken care of this time if possible.
    I know alot if not most everyone here has some sort of problem with their eyes and i really feel for each and everyone. Sometimes mine hurt so bad when i'm driving that i will have to pull off the road. My doctor said it would take about six months to feel the full effect of the Restasis. It's really a bad situation too, because some of our medications can make the sun sensitivity even worse. But like everything else, What can you do? Gotta just keep going on.
    You know i'm just having the crack as that's all we've done since we've known one another and with this lot you need it.

Credit where it's due you have been through alot and ritz put a good thread up where your response would help wonders.
    I'd have thought that Blister would have gone because you've not mentioned it, if it was me i'd have to get it removed it must be bothering you.
    Your right as well that's all we can do is keep going, well i've just had that op and i go again on thursday to see another surgeon about my mush to see about having the sack lining removed from a cyst that burst open, i've told ste with all these op's he'll have a new woman on his hands and wow need to go searching.lol xxx