Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding shooting pain

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Question regarding shooting pain

Normally, I get these pains in the winter when it's cold. Well, it's 90* + and I've got the shooting pain in my foot traveling up my leg and my elbow traveling up my arm. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Compressed nerve is all I can think of. I'm not dx'ed yet so I'm not real sure about the ins/outs & secondary symptoms of lupus.

Thanks

Hello Toni,

Do you suffer with Raynauds? .... because i get that with the Raynauds and it's to do with the vessels opening and closing causing the pain...it's been 80 here today and it's now 22:06pm and my feet feel like they're in the winter months, if it's not that it's the lupus in general as i get it shoot and stay in my elbow it's painful like tennis elbow.

Luv Terry xxx

Thanks

It is so weird that you posted this question. I have been having shooting pains in my right elbow to the point that I flinch. When I touch the area it is very tender. I have Raynauds and some form of a connective tissue disorder. They are still working on which one I got out of my car that had air conditioning today and stepped into 94 degree heat today as well and my husband said look at your hands. They were dead white with red small splotches all over. That's what is crazy. Raynauds says you turn white in cold weather, but I turn white in heat or hot water?? and then blue and then red??

Thanks

This happens to me and I have raynauds. I cover my arms with sweaters in airconditioned rooms. Socks in summer if airconditioner is running. Yep I look like a nerd. But it helps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Yep I look like a nerd.
    i was always taught......
    it is polite to agree with a lady.

should i agree with this comment?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    It is so weird that you posted this question. I have been having shooting pains in my right elbow to the point that I flinch. When I touch the area it is very tender. I have Raynauds and some form of a connective tissue disorder. They are still working on which one I got out of my car that had air conditioning today and stepped into 94 degree heat today as well and my husband said look at your hands. They were dead white with red small splotches all over. That's what is crazy. Raynauds says you turn white in cold weather, but I turn white in heat or hot water?? and then blue and then red??
    Hi Toni,

In my opinion i'd say Raynauds mate because before i was diagnosed with it, i had severe pain in my elbow and just moving here had to get a new doctor went and saw him he gave me iburophen gel to rub in it and it never moved it, it was really painful and when i saw the dermo and he told me i had raynauds those symptoms can come with it...i'm sorry Toni but all you can do is wait for the pain to move and it's terrible trying to move your arm so i know how you feel.
    Regarding your hands etc with Raynauds it does'nt matter if it's winter or summer it still hits you bad.

Thanks

Gosh yes Steve it would top my day! Lol

Thanks

Hello Toni,

How you feeling today...are you feeling the same more or less as yesterday??

Love Terry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    i was always taught......
    it is polite to agree with a lady.

should i agree with this comment?
    Watch it, Steve; Loved has moved up to Rattlesnake