Thanks so much for the info Steve...I'll be sure and talk with the doc about it.
When my daughter had the arthrogram of her hips, the ortho doc ordered a long acting anesthetic and steroid injection be done at the same time. While the extra fluid in her joints made her pretty sore for a few days, the pain really dropped once the meds absorbed.
Originally Posted by leslieann226
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Completely in shock yesterday. I went for a second opinion, all ready to plan on my knee replacement, and after being told for 10 months by a different ortho doctor that I need a replacement, I was told by this surgeon that I am NOT ready for a replacement yet. I was completely floored. Why in the world do I have such horrible pain then?? Why can't I do steps and walk up the tiniest of slopes??
THEN he tells me to consider an inflammatory cause. UUGGGHHH!
I am so tired of this pain, I thought a replacement would at LEAST end this particular pain. I haven't slept through the night since last september.
Still waiting for the rheumatologist my PCP referred me to to call me with an appointment time.
On the way home yesterday, I ran into my cousin. She told me her other brother was just diagnosed with lupus (her oldest brother has had it for 10+ years)
Frustrated, confused and waiting
That sounds a bit backwards mate saying you need a new hip but you don't need it yet...never heard nothing like it in my life, so in other words it's carry on till the pains unbearable.
It looks like a 3rd opinion is needed, you always gey one saying against another and he wants you to have the inflammatory cause to see if that helps and if it does it holds off them doing a new hip.
Oh i am sorry about the news of your cousin's older brother is he ok or shocked??...it seems like it runs through the family.
I really hope they're coping ok and yourself besides, do takecare mate.
Hugs Terry xxx
my wife also went through the doctor problem.
find a second surgeon.
our first one wanted to break her bones and reset them at a different angle.
the second said.......
there worn out, when do you want the operation.