Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lesions within vertebrae of spine and in occipital Lobe in brain????? Is this linked?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Lesions within vertebrae of spine and in occipital Lobe in brain????? Is this linked?

To make a long story short, I was in a car accident last Oct and then 2 weeks later started having symptoms that are now diagnosed as a connective tissue disorder. I have had 2 pos ANA and 1 neg. My pos were only 1:80. I have fevers between 99.5 and 100 at least 2 to 3 days out of every 2weeks. I get them more when I have worn myself down. I was also just diagnosed with Raynauds at the age of 40. All docs...cardio, neuro, 2 rheumi, vascular surgeon and Gp all said that at my age getting raynauds now usually means an auto immune disease in the next few years. I have sever leg pain and acky all over. Fatigue doesn't even explain how tired I always am. My question here is because of the accident, my mri's of back and brain show lessions. I have a few in the left occipital lobe and 5 in my spine. I am supposed to be getting an updated mri of my spine in july. Different docs are doing different tests and I am not sure if some of the findings are linked together. My memory has gone down hill and I can't seem to focus at all. My husband has been concerned because my family alwasy depends on me to remember and do everything and I have been unable to remember much at all. I find it hard to even find the words when I speak and I stutter. could these lessions be linked somehow??

Thanks

Hi Ronnie,

I have lesions, or what they have found to be cysts at t3,4,5 and 6. None on the brain though. They were more concerned with them being linked to my Thyroid Cancer however have come to associate it more with my Lupus. Depending on the size and where they are putting pressure against could definitely effect nerves, brain function etc.
    I know what you mean about being tired, beyond fatigued and your family relying on you for everything. They need to understand you can not do everything now and have to begin helping remember. I have to write things down right as I think of them as my brain does not function as it used to since my Lupus and Fibro have progressed. It is hard for us who have taken care of everything and everyone to let go of of the reins a little but it is a great deal of pressure off when we ask for and get help. Carry a journal with you and just write a list of to do's and as you think of things to see if it helps out.

Take Care,
    Tanya

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wash&wag For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-01-2011), lovedbyHim (07-01-2011)

Thanks

Hi Ronnie thanks wash and wag. I have never been told I have lesions, but I sure have everything else. When in a flair, I can't retrieve words and when they come out I might shutter. I get so tired I could cry and fall asleep at the wheel. I'm sorry you feel so badly. Please read all you can on this site. Hopefully you will get the answers to be well informed. I have raynauds as well. Bless you.

Thanks

Yes, my brain will say inside what I want but I can't get the word, phrase, or words out of my mouth. I used to commute when I worked and yes I would nearly fall asleep. I do get so tired I cry . Yes Ronnie, this site has so much to offer and truly wonderful people! You're not alone, WE are not alone!

Thanks

Thank you all for your comments and advice. I truly appreciate it. I would really like to know if there is a link to these lesions and if anyone knows how it is linked.

Thanks

Ronnie keep checking this post. It may take a few days to see all replies. Also search past ones. I hope and pray your answer comes soon. (((hugs)))

Thanks

Hello Ronnie,

Sorry to hear what your going through, i have Raynauds like yourself and a good many member's so we know what your going through in that department but refering your lessions to your brain and back is down to vasculitis and the vascular surgeon your under should be able to tell you this.
    There's a lovely member amongst we called LUVMYFLOWERS and she's in the posts just look for her name and get intouch with her, her names Diane she's got what you have but the lessions have spread furthur on her brain and she's constantley having to have MRI's to check the lessions and she also suffer's badly with the speech and stuttering but she'll be able to help you out in so many ways.

Hugs Terry xxx
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-03-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks

Thank you all so much for your responses. This is such a scary ride. I just wish I had a doctor out there that I felt would sit down and look at all my tests and then discuss them with the appropriate doctors. My doctors all seems good, but they just address the symptoms that they see or are immediate. My concern is that I don't want any future damage, but no one seems to discuss any of that. Just basically treat the symptoms. My rheumi said he wants me to see his neurologist for the lesions so I guess I will do that. I have an appt with an ophthalmologist tomorrow. Maybe they will know something about the lesions. I will bring my info to them as well. Thanks again for all of your support. You are all very special people. I hope you know how much you help others. I really appreciate your time, advice, and thoughts!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnie For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-03-2011)

Thanks

Hi Ronnie...i'm adding below info on Brain lesions and the symptoms which cause it but refering the back lesions there's many causes.

BRAIN LESIONS

Brain Lesions: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments

You scrape your knee, and that's a lesion, an area of damage on the skin of your leg. But what are lesions in the brain? And what causes them? How serious are brain lesions? Here is information about this confusing and unsettling health concern. Read on to find out what the symptoms are and how brain lesions are treated.

What Are Brain Lesions?
    A lesion is an area of tissue that has been damaged through injury or disease. So a brain lesion is an area of injury or disease within the brain. While the definition sounds simple, understanding brain lesions can be complicated. That's because there are many types of brain lesions. They can range from small to large, from few to many, from relatively harmless to life-threatening.

What Causes Brain Lesions?
    Brain lesions can be caused by injury, infection, exposure to certain chemicals, problems with the immune system, and more. Many times the cause is not known.

What symptoms might indicate a brain lesion?
    Symptoms of a brain lesion vary depending on the type, location, and size of the lesion. Symptoms common to several types of brain lesions include the following:

Headaches
    Neck pain or stiffness
    Nausea, vomiting, and lack of appetite
    Vision changes or eye pain
    Changes in mood, personality, behavior, mental ability, and concentration
    Memory loss or confusion
    Seizures
    Fever
    Difficulty moving
    What Are the Different Types of Brain Lesions?
    Although they share a common definition -- injury or damage to tissue within the brain -- brain lesions vary greatly. Here are some common brain lesions.

Abscesses: Brain abscesses are areas of infection, including pus and inflamed tissue.They are not common, but they are life threatening. Brain abscesses often occur after an infection, usually in a nearby area, such as an ear, sinus, or dental infection.They can also appear after injury or surgery to the skull.

Alzheimer's disease and other dementias: Alzheimer's disease and some types of dementia are another group of brain lesions. In these lesions, nerve cells die, leaving behind damaged areas of the brain. Gradually, brain function in those areas decreases.

Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs): An AVM is a type of brain lesion that occurs during early development. Arteries and veins in the brain grow in a tangle and become connected by tube-like structures called fistulae. The arteries are not as strong as normal.The veins are often too wide because of the constant flow of blood directly from the arteries through the fistulae to the veins. These fragile vessels may rupture, leaking blood into the brain. In addition, the brain tissue may not receive enough blood to function properly.

Cerebral infarction: Infarction refers to death of tissue. So a cerebral infarction is a brain lesion in which a cluster of brain cells have died. Most often, this brain lesion is caused by a stroke.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-les...oms-treatments
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-04-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks

Default Thanks Terry!

Thanks so much Terry for the info. You are so kind to take your time to help me. I am not sure if the damage is from the car accident or the connective tissue disorder. Hopefully someone will know. I just don't want it to get worse!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnie For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-04-2011)