Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a, um, personal question about ulcers

Thanks

Default Sjogrens

I can't remember the name of the medication for the ulcers but I think mine started with Tr. Sorry I know that doesn't help. I don't have Sjogrens. As for your fog...ME TOO! I used to have to have me husband and daughter post notes around to remind me: eat, take medicine, shower, brush teeth and I could drive because I would forget how to get home. But all that is better now.
    I hope you are better soon!
    Have a wonderful week!
    ~Margo

Thanks

I've had that it can be painful during sex and after i've had the spotting too. Try lots of lubricant it helps with the hurt during sex I find it feels so much better, as for after talk to your doc I don't get them much anymore but I did find that when I'm in a big flare I do get them still but in all fairness when I'm in that big of a flare my darling boyfriend won't be able ot get within two feet of me LOL

hope you get some better answers soon! But know that you are not alone

take care
    Stefanie
    SLE Lupus. Fibro, IBS, RA\

Matt's Brown Eyed Girl!

"I'm not broken, I'm antique; a little worn out but still beautiful if not more so because of it."

Thanks

Wow, I never thought that this had anything to do with Lupus! How relieved am I now!
    I have a new boyfriend, so things are quite frisky right now. But everyfew days I have to withhold and give myself time to heal because it is so tender and feels raw. I first noticed this with my ex at the beginning of this year. It feels like a blister or something and it gets inflammed. I usually just take anti inflammatories and rest for a few days and it clears up. I use aloe vera gel sometimes and it helps. It burns alot at first, but I wasn't sure what else to do.
    I wasn't sure what it was from. I even got tested for STD's which came back clean!
    I guess I should never be surprised when something new pops up. I should just come on here and ask. I applaud you for having the courage to do that.

Thanks

Default PHEW!

I am going to the docs tomorrow for an ulcer in the gynny region and I am so glad I am not alone. I felt like a freak and felt awful when my partner of 5 years wanted sex and I so wasn't up for it because of the ulcer! Thank you so much for being so open, I thought it was just me who had all these weird symptoms!
    Cheers from australia
    Lizzy bee

Thanks

Hi, Lizzy - you're certainly not a freak - a lot of women with lupus have this problem - so do women with Sjogrens, because both diseases can attack the mucous membranes. But a lot of the books only mention the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose, and don't mention other areas of the body can be affected too! I guess the authors are trying to be sensitive, but they would probably save women a lot of grief if they were more specific. Your doctor can prescribe creams to use, and soaking in a warm bath can also help. Just be careful to stay away from bubble bath and bath salt products until you heal up - they can irritate the tissues and make the problem worse.

Thanks

Hi Everyone

My poor hubby - he thought he did something wrong - especially every time we had sex - I would bleed and be in so much pain.

I have Sjogrens, and most likely Lupus, as I have many signs of it. Marycain, what a welcome relief to know others are like me, and I am not a freak.

Hugs

Gerri

Thanks

Has anyone else noticed that anytime you mention pain "down there" to your gyno you get tested for STDs? I did even 6 months ago, even while being with the same partner for 8 years! This has happened so many times I don't even argue, because they always say you don't know about your partner and that some STDs can hide for years, but I've been tested for so many years, it's just funny. I'm sure it's been Lupus the whole time.

I think one of the first symptoms I had from Lupus was dryness (with my new boyfriend - poor guy thought it was about him at first!). Of course, we didn't know this at first. Fortunately that guy stuck around and married me!
    Missy