Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a, um, personal question about ulcers

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default I have a, um, personal question about ulcers

Have any of you had any ulcers in your private area? I mean on the inside. I get them in my nose and mouth, but last night dh and I decided to "play" (sorry trying not to be too graphic here) and afterward I was I guess you could call it spotting and it hurt "during". I've had a total hysterectomy (in 2001, ovaries and uterus removed) so the only thing I can come up with is maybe now I'm gonna have the fun of ulcers "down there". Has anyone else had this???
    I'm really sorry about the details but I'm not sure whether to call the dr or if this just another one of those things to get used to.
    Thanks a bunch!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tracy :lol:
    You are so precious. Do not feel disturbed about your question. How else could you get an answer without asking the question??? Almost all Lupus patients have experienced oral and/or vaginal ulcers at some time during the course of their illness.
    Here is what I found out:
    "Many couples experience some type of sexual difficulty when one partner has a chronic disease such as lupus. Sexuality may be affected by disease symptoms, medications and/or psychological concerns. Disease symptoms of lupus which may influence sexual activity include: oral ulcers, vaginal ulcers, arthritis, Sjogren's syndrome, and Raynaud's phenomenon. Each of these problems will be discussed in detail. Vaginal ulcers are rarely painful, but when they are, they can interfere with intercourse. A prescribed steroid cream or other medication can be used to treat them. Alternate forms of sexual expression can also be used until healing has taken place."
    Lupus patients may also experience vaginal dryness which can cause slight bleeding. The dryness is generally due to a condition known as Sjogren's Syndrome. The vaginal dryness associated with Sjogren's syndrome responds well to the use of a water soluble lubricant which is absorbed and does not have to be removed. (Vaseline-like ointments should be avoided since they can encourage infection.) Water soluble lubricants (e.g. K-Y jelly) are available over the counter at drugstores or supermarkets.
    So, you see, what you are experiencing is not at all uncommon. However, if it becomes worse, continues or if the over-the-counter remedies do not help, you might want to consult your doctor for some prescriptive remedies.
    I wish you the best
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Thanks Saysusie!

Thanks Saysusie. you are the best. I've had the pain before but not the bleeding so that kind of freaked me out. Seems like it's always something new cropping up and it's getting OLD! I wasn't sure how to phrase the question without getting too graphic cause I didn't want to offend anyone or gross anybody out. LOL
    BTW can I just say how awesome this sight is? I met another member here over the weekend. Cassady's family lives in my town and she came home to visit. She's just as nice and funny as online LOL Thanks so much for this site.

Thanks

Default I have one!!!!

I have a little...sore...that won't heal. It's just on the inside of my vajayjay. In the soft tissue. It freaked me out. The OB/GYN said it's a little cut and to use neosporin or A&D ointment. :? . I never thought in the world that it could be an ulcer! That makes perfect sense now.
    The Proverbs 31 woman didn't have Lupus.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

TracyDawn;
    You are so welcome! However, most of the thanks must go to our Beloved Administrator who maintains this site for us free of charge :lol:
    I am happy that you found a friend both here and close to home. That makes me smile.
    Never be afraid to ask any question here - no matter how personal. That is what we are here for, to help!!

Cinnamon:
    Have you found relief for your problem? I forgot to mention that we are often prescribed plaquenil for the ulcers that we get as a part of Lupus. They will also help to heal both oral and vaginal ulcers, but they take some time before they start working. In the meantime, you will probably need something topical for the pain etc.

Best Of Luck To You Both
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Neosporin

A&D, or Zinc Oxyide are okay. I'm instructed to use Tucks also. Mine is in a spot where it keeps getting irritated from bathroom visits.

I'm on Plaquenil so hopefully this will heal like the mouth and nose sores do. I'm just relieved to know what it is!

Thanks

OH honey your not alone...they hurt bad.

Thanks

Default Mine still isn't gone

:cry:

And it hurts a lot. I'm so frustrated. I've tried all the ointments, Tucks, avoiding the area when wiping. No luck.

Friday I was in a hurry to get out of work and used the ladies room. I was being quick and wiped fast. I broke it open and bright red blood was everywhere.

Do they EVER go away?

I'm so glad there are others w/ this problem or I'd think I was the only one.

Thanks

I've actully coated them with vasoline to protect them from urine and that helped alot.

Thanks

Hi Tracy,

I get the ulcers down there too and in the anal area. I was going to ask if you have Sjogrens. I have Sjogrens along with SLE and the doctor told me that this is common to have this happen. I get them in my mouth, nose, eyes too. It is rough. I forget now what I use on them. Right now am having a brain fog situation going on lol. I use some cream but can not locate it right now and can not remember the name of it. I feel for you though big time. I hope that it clears up fast for you. Hugs, Kathleen
    Live one day at a time: It's easier that way

Dx with SLE in 1994
    Dx with Sjogrens 1994
    Dishydrotic Eczema 1974
    Severe Osteo-Arthritis

Meds:
    Imuran 125mg
    Plaquenil 400mg
    Sulindac (Clinoril) 400mg
    Soma prn up to 4 times a day
    Darvacet prn