Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well meaniing people

Thanks

Default Well meaniing people

I live in a area where everyone knows everyone. I had to run by a Dollar General to pick up a few things and the Lady at the Register [ who i dont even know] asked me where my hat and long sleeve shirt was. Yes, i did run in without it on. Then she told me that like me she had a younger daughter and she hoped that i could at least make it until Lauren turned eighteen. For the most people dont really have a clue what Lupus is all about do they?

Thanks

Omgosh! That's horrible. That would be called poor social skills in my field of work. Sheesh! Sorry Honey. That's her stuff not yours. Throw it out of your head and pray someone helps that poor woman (grin).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh brother. Some people just don't engage their brain before opening their mouth. I usually get the opposite "well at least you don't have anything serious" type of comment. Sorry you had to go through that. Even if you don't take it personally- and you shouldn't, its still a lousy thing to hear.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

How about the, " But you don't look sick?"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-29-2011)

Thanks

You get these soft comments through all walks of life... i don't respond to good to outsiders because when i've spoken with people they try to be nosy and if they ask how you are and you mention your health the answer is, i would'nt have thought it oh you do look ok and i've actually told them to mind their bloody own business when i've seen them again because i live in an area where they're a right nosy bunch and less said fewer questions can be asked besides comments.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craftkeeper View Post
    I live in a area where everyone knows everyone. I had to run by a Dollar General to pick up a few things and the Lady at the Register [ who i dont even know] asked me where my hat and long sleeve shirt was. Yes, i did run in without it on. Then she told me that like me she had a younger daughter and she hoped that i could at least make it until Lauren turned eighteen. For the most people dont really have a clue what Lupus is all about do they?
    OMG Did you slap her? I think I would have had no choice! How did you handle it? I can't believe that people say the things that they do
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    How about the, " But you don't look sick?"
    Good one Tammy...they'll never know unless they've got it. xxx

Thanks

Mari , i felt like choking her. My daughter and two grandchildren were with me,but thank God they didn't hear it. Our kids still haven't gotten over the loss of my mom year before last, so i try to not let them see how much pain i am in sometimes.

Really the only reason i did let it slide is because this lady seems to not be dealing with a full deck. Even though she can run a register, she still seems a little off. Then again we live just a 15 minute drive from Watts Barr Nuclear plant, and not being mean or anything but there seems to be quite a few folk here that seem a little odd. You never know. Lol

Thanks

Oh I do love the humor here girls! All I can say Marla is if you start acting a bit odd we will know what caused it! Hey wait a minute! I grew up next to a nuclear power plant. So it wasn't the red licorice after all! Well that's a relief because I love that stuff!

Thanks

Jeesh girl, i live right on the evacuation route. Every year we get a new calendar that has a full front page of what to do in case of a nuclear accident. Our local health dept is required to give us full supplies of Iodine pills to keep on hand. Every first wed of the month all of the sirens are set off around the lake and our home for testing. So you never really know what's in the water around here,LOL