Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you know when you had to stop working and go on disability?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    - if that comes with health insurance, all the better!
    there has to be some perks lol

Thanks

Here is the nice part, he's my best friend. He has been for years. Thank you all for your wise words. Steve you are right money isn't worth death. Gizmo, history does teach us much. I guess I don't trust my own judgements as of late. After sleeping a whole lot yesterday, I don't feel all muddy in the brain and my muscle spasms are less intense. How is that possible! You would think I was blasted with steroids. Sleep heals me so much.

Again thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, they are like precious gems to me. Did I mention he makes less money than me and is willing to take my financial burden on until I can get disability? That's a good man.

Well I will ponder all of this and maybe miraculously sleeping for these next few days plus weekend and holiday, this flair will lift and buy me some time to develope the paper trail. I read past posts on this. Very helpful!

Huggs...... to all of you!

Thanks

Default one more thing!

i love being a german shepherd and not a show poodle!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post

i love being a german shepherd and not a show poodle!
    I just graduated to show poodle and am pretty happy about it, thank you very much. Don't look down on us little people LOL

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I just graduated to show poodle and am pretty happy about it, thank you very much. Don't look down on us little people LOL
    It's pretty cool, Isn't it?

It makes me think back to my early days here, when I was just a lowly and humble Dung Beetle...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-29-2011)

Thanks

Tammy,
    I went through this in 2009. Leaving "my kids" and my teaching job was a very difficult decision. I had built that Latin program from the ground up and I felt very invested in those kids. It did get to the point where I felt like I was short-changing them, though. I was limping around on my rollator, teaching while seated on it, and often my voice was really, really bad due to the Spasmodic Dysphonia. I loved those babies, but I realized that they needed someone with more energy to carry on with them.

The AF helped me to decide by handing Jeff a scholarship and an offer to move us to Ca. It was a bit of a shock to go back to living on one income, but we've economized and we're living quite well. I do feel much better to not have the stress of grading and lesson plans. The best thing is being able to sleep late when I've had a rough night.
    I hope that things work out with your sweetie and that your life becomes as stress-free as mine!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Maria thank you.for you kind helpful words. You're a dear.

Rob and Gizmo I can't tell you how pleased I am to make it to Pit Bull! Gizmo, its the whole cute little fluffy FeFe thing that makes me nuts. My aunt raised those little yappers and dyed them pink. There is something seriously wrong there! I'm sorry I just can't be a FeFe. My gosh! Was I a dug beatle? I think I missed it!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Maria thank you.for you kind helpful words. You're a dear.

Rob and Gizmo I can't tell you how pleased I am to make it to Pit Bull! Gizmo, its the whole cute little fluffy FeFe thing that makes me nuts. My aunt raised those little yappers and dyed them pink. There is something seriously wrong there! I'm sorry I just can't be a FeFe. My gosh! Was I a dug beatle? I think I missed it!
    LOL I love you. Your posts always make me chuckle
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I love you too, but can you tell I was on the muscle relaxers when I wrote?

Marla I do know your name honestly! Sheesh!

Yours truly, Pit Bull! Yes...yes...yes!

Thanks

My job certainly isn't as important or a matter of life and death as Rob's, however, it does provide for the family. And with my identity tied to my career, or so it seems, I fear I would be lost without it. I have worked since I was 16 years old. I HAD an empty nest. I was just entertaining ideas for different hobbies that I could manage....even with brain fog. Then, we were blessed with my Bonus Daughter coming to live with us 100% of the time, so my focus is on my job and on the family, once again.

I'm going through a particularly bad spell of brain fog of late. I can't focus. I can't retain and I sure as heck am unable to learn anything new. My (dis)organization is at an all time high. It's taking longer to get the same tasks done.

I know it would be better, healthwise, if I could sleep later on those mornings that I didn't sleep well the night before. I'm sure it makes the brain fog worse and wonder if it contributes to the headaches.

I keep telling myself, just a few more years. I hope I can make it.