Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you know when you had to stop working and go on disability?

Thanks

I have read all the posts and all are powerful, since I am in the same boat.
    I think Mari's reply hit home for me, " either you will make the decision or the disease will make it for you."
    It is not easy to make that decision, because we all need the money and the health insurance.
    So I think for me, I will have to wait for the disease to make up my mind for me.
    As it is now, my disease is saying, " hey stupid, what are you waiting for?"

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (06-28-2011), lovedbyHim (06-28-2011)

Thanks

Rob, thank you again for your honesty and I am praying. My rheumy wrote me a note to have off for the rest of this week, so I can sleep. Being checked for uti as well. I have a good man in my life who asked me to marry him. He wants to put me on his insurance plan and we both work at the same place and have same insurance plan, so I could apply for disability. BUT WHO MARRIES FOR THIS REASON? I think I need to go to a monastery in seclusion to hear the answer to this one!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Rob, thank you again for your honesty and I am praying. My rheumy wrote me a note to have off for the rest of this week, so I can sleep. Being checked for uti as well. I have a good man in my life who asked me to marry him. He wants to put me on his insurance plan and we both work at the same place and have same insurance plan, so I could apply for disability. BUT WHO MARRIES FOR THIS REASON? I think I need to go to a monastery in seclusion to hear the answer to this one!
    Well, I sure don't know the answer to that. But I think he'd be one heck of a lucky man if you said yes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-28-2011)

Thanks

That's what all my girlfriends say! Lol Thanks for the chuckle.

Thanks

Maaaan... I thought I replied to this : ( darn my brain fog.

I am in the same situation... I dont know when will be the right time to give it all in. Brain fog is already starting to affect my work, but I dont have anyone's lives in my hands : )
    It will probably be the day I get in trouble far too much to make work worth while. I currently earn as much at work as I would on disability. Having said that, this thursday I go to centrelink to see how I go about getting disability.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-28-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had to quit working a long time ago. I was too lupie to work. I didn't know I had lupus then. I just could not keep going. I have not been able to get disability even though I can barely walk and use a cane and a power-chair now. I recently started a business on my own. But at times it gets to be to much too.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wrightrs For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-28-2011)

Thanks

Becky,

I think you actually hit it on the nail concerning working with your phrase (I was too lupie to work)...because when that stage hits you, you know your done for.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-28-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was on dissability before i got diagnosised with lupus and polyomyositis from injuries at work and had 2 back surgeries now i am on regular social security and had to retire. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

never let money be your guide.
    when i worked it the mines, i was earning about $160,000 pa
    on the pension, including my wifes and child benifits, we get about %50,000 pa.

if you are seriously asking the question, you probably already know the answer, it is just a hard thing to admit.

life was not easy when i first quit work. but i had to. and i am better for it now.
    do not let work kill you. enjoy life while you can.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-28-2011), rob (06-28-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    He wants to put me on his insurance plan and we both work at the same place and have same insurance plan, so I could apply for disability. BUT WHO MARRIES FOR THIS REASON? I think I need to go to a monastery in seclusion to hear the answer to this one!
    Good men don't come along every day. Can you see yourself rockin' on the front porch with him in 30 years? Many of our grandparents married for convenience and lived and loved well for 50+ years. IMHO deep respect, caring and friendship are the foundation of a good marriage - if that comes with health insurance, all the better!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-28-2011), steve.b (06-28-2011)