Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: update on my progress

Thanks

I am reading all of this saying, "omgosh are you kidding?" I'm trying to decide if I am just a big baby, if its the fibromyalgia messing with pain receptors, or if God was highly unfair and you could just get up after spitting a baby out and finish dinner! I was begging God when after pushing for 4 hrs after a long hard 21 hr labor, PLEASE GET IT OUT! All four births were horrible! You Lucky stinkers!

Thanks

Hey everyone, As usual its fantastic to hear all the stories : )

I had a caesar so never had to experience the pain of ALL of it. Im rather glad of it by the sounds of it! lol

Though I did get cut from hip bone to hip bone and then almost had to be cut from there up past my belly button! They couldnt get the bub out, so 20mins or so in to the caesar the doc came around the screen with blood covered hands and said "We just cant get her out, the tumour is too large and the baby is up in your ribs. We may need make a vertical incision. Im going to put my hands up into your rib cage now and you will probably feel it. Is that ok?" And yep... I could feel it. I can still feel it now if I think about it *shudders* Its the strangest feeling ever.

Once I was getting a wisdom tooth pulled the good old fashioned way... anyway, it was wedged in harder than they thought and they broke it half way through and left a part of it in my gun. They panicked, because now they would have to get it out by cutting while I was awake. They gave me more needles but it was so far back they just couldnt cover the whole area. Anyway, it wasnt so bad... but at one point I thought perhaps I should show that they were causing pain or they might do some nerve damage and not be aware of it lol The hardest thing was not talking or eating for a week after.

I guess its a blessing and a curse... like marla said! Im all smiles and giggles all the time no matter what, I always get overlooked. Docs quickly learn that I am a bit of a danger to myself eventually. I have probably had more doctors telling me off than anyone else in history lol

Im sorry Tammy... I will gladly give you some of my pain tolerance : )

Thanks

Giggles reading your birth story made me almost nauseated! That's just more than I can imagine! Tell me were you up making your own bed that afternoon! Omgosh!aahhhhh....You girls could make a movie about this stuff. Now how am I support to go back to sleep?

Thanks

nah, the next day I stood up and collapsed... apparently I had multiple blood clots in my heart and lungs! ha ha xD
    I wouldnt have even known, there was no pain I could recognize... I just felt incredibly faint and passed out. I was extremely anaemic from huge amount of blood loss from the surgery and wasnt getting much oxygen due to all the clots lol the doctors were absolutely amazed when they discovered it.

The funniest thing is, when I came too initially, they thought I had passed out due to pain and was just being a whimpy sook. They made me walk to get tests and things done and were quite rude. Then they discovered all the clots and wondered how the heck I was alive. I wonder how the heck I was alive too... I got no emergency care when I collapsed... I woke up on the floor with the nurse hovering over me and my partner of the time next to me. There were some other nurses in the room but no doctor. I woke up and said "I just had a dream, of a man walking through a white corridor.." LOL!

Thanks

Hi Giggle,

I hope your keeping fine mate?...what i've just read your one lucky woman to be alive today so there's some strong fighting willpower in you, i'll give you that.

Yet you carry on so well and seem to take no notice whatever happens. xxx

Thanks

Yes Giggle you are amazing!

Thanks

I still wonder about that dream!! A man walking through a white corridor? Sounds ominous!

Im not amazing...rather the opposite. Just somehow lucky... while being unlucky at the same time? lol Unlucky to have it all happen, lucky that somehow I survived. I dont think willpower had so much to do with it, maybe I have an angel watching over me : )

Thanks

And yeah Terry, Im ok. Made a bit of peace with my strangely declining health. A bit scared, especially when I cant do really simple things I did a couple of months ago. Making biscuits exhausts me : (

Im also doing that thing I do... if I leave something long enough I start to convince myself its all in my head. Great huh.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (07-01-2011)

Thanks

Giggle I made peace with the whole thing too. It's a good way to live. I've read that we all have angels walking with us. I like believing that. Especially in hospitals. Lol

Thanks

Well Giggle,

Tammy is right in one thing we definitely needs angles with we concerning this long ride and i could just imagine just making biscuits wares you out but dow it sound bad.

When i'm mentally down everything is but on hold then when i wake up ok mentally i force my body but by christ i dow half suffer the next day.