Thread: Back from Glacier

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Back from Glacier

Hi Everyone!

I just got back from spending almost a week around Glacier National Park. It was amazing! I went with my daughter and husband. We went kayaking! It was weird kayaking in long pants and long sleeves and gloves and a hat, but I had a blast so it was worth it. The biggest thrill for me was the "Walk in the Trees" on Big Mountain in Whitefish. You literally walk in the trees on suspended bridges more than 70 feet off the ground. I would have never thought I could do it but I did! so I bought the t shirt to commemorate. This was my first ever vacation with my lupus diagnosis and it was quite the adventure. We drove to and from as it is only 4 hours away. My husband was amazing and extremely considerate. We stopped for breaks, he did most of the work and he made sure I was taking care of myself. He was an angel. My daughter had a blast and she's happy as she flirted with a cute young man and realizes she's "still got it". Ah 18 year olds! I did miss my comfy bed and I suspect that once I crawl into it, I'll be out cold until morning.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Ooh sounds like fun! I love travelling and always like to hear about other people's travel experiences. Glad you had fun! I recently went to the Grand Canyon and San Francisco. Both were beautiful places! The scenery were picturesque.

Mark 10:27-
    But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.

Thanks

Welcome home! That sounds like a vacation you will be talking about for the rest of your life. You are much braver (and stronger) than I am, but it's exciting to hear that lupus hasn't slowed your down.

tgal is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

How wonderful! I am so glad your vacation went better then mine! Sounds like wonderful memories were made
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I'm glad that you had fun! You are definitely more daring than I am. My idea of roughing it is staying in a cheap motel!
    We spent some time in the outdoors this week, too. It was much more sedate, however. We enjoyed a nice quiet ride around Lake Tahoe, stopping to enjoy the sights and even to dip our toes into the water at a lovely beach. Nothing as exciting as what you did.
    Hugs,
    Marla