Thread: I feel just awful today

Thanks

Default I feel just awful today

:cry: Today is our company Christmas party. I'm tired, achy and miserable. I'm on Prednisone and bigger than I ever have been in my life. I'm huge. My face is swollen and round. I had to stuff myself into my only Christmas sweater and I look like a freak. My face is all caked with rash. Everyone else looks so pretty and I'm a freak.

Tomorrow I have my entire family over to my house to celebrate our Christmas. I'm going to have to go through this all over again.
    The Proverbs 31 woman didn't have Lupus.

Thanks

Cinnamon, I am sorry you are having such a hard time. It really stinks how much this disease messes up our lives. I'm hoping your family is supportive and understanding of what you are going through. I know first hand how hard it is to go through the motions of parties and get togethers when you are feeling rotten. (((((hugs))))) and take care

Thanks

Default WE CANT ALL LOOK LIKE PARIS HILTON

DEAR CINN//
    MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOU. I KNOW YOUR PAIN, BUT....THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE OUT THERE WORSE OFF. I'VE SEEN KIDS SO DEFORMED THAT THEY HAVE TO GO THRO DOZENS OF OPERATIONS JUST TO LOOK SEMI NORMAL. I KNOW YOU ARE DOWN, I KNOW IT HURTS BUT SWEETY...SQUISH YOURSELF INTO THAT SWEATER GET TO THAT PARTY AND HAVE FUN. YOU CAN WALK, YOU CAN TALK SO WHAT IF YOU ARE A BIG GIRL. wHY DO YOU THINK THERE ARE SO MANY PRETTY CLOTHES FOR BIG WOMEN? WE CAN'T ALL BE A SIZE 5...ENJOY YOUR FAMILY THIS WEEKEND AND TELL THEM TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS AND HELP...ENJOY!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS...CAFRIN

Thanks

Oh sweety! I hope you're feeling better this morning. Life throws us some curveballs, doesn't it? And the stresses of the season don't help much.

Try to get the others to do the work - be the "queen bee" and let them hover in homage... you deserve the rest, after all, YOU are providing the house! Try to relax and let them clean up the mess as well - even if they don't quite do it "your" way. Its OK, really.

Remember that they all care about you - not the sweater, not the rash. You are loved and cared for in this season of sharing and hope.

Hugs, and may your day be warm and happy.

Thanks

HELLO
    I HAVE FELT GUILTY FOR MY REPLY TO YOU..YOU NEEDED SOME EMPATHY AND I GAVE YOU THE PEP TALK. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! MY MOODS GO FROM OVER THE MOON TO CRAWLING IN A HOLE AND PULLING THE DIRT IN OVER ME. WE ALL FEEL LIKE CRAP AT TIMES AND WE NEED A PLACE TO VENT. OUR FAMILY GETS SICK OF US BEING SICK. PEOPLE FORGET THAT ALONG WITH THIS TERRIBLE ILLNESS, WE STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH NORMAL THINGS LIKE MONEY PROBLEMS AND BRATTY KIDS...THROW SOME MENOPAUSE IN THERE AND ITS A RECIPE FOR DEPRESSION BIG TIME. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE WELL ENOUGH TO ENJOY TODAY WITH YOUR FAMILY AND AGAIN I'M SORRY FOR THE PEP TALK..
    SINCERELY CAFRIN

Thanks

Hi Cinnamon,

I've been single digits in clothes, and Im now a high double digit - but I always remember that if this is why my body needs, and I feel like crap and think I look like it too, its my body's way of dealing with whats going on inside - and there is nothing wrong with that; im going to let it be! Dont think any less than yourself!

Love and hugs,

Chal
    Chal

Thanks

Cinn, I hope you were able to enjoy both parties. I am sorry you are feeling down on yourself, I think we all get that way sometimes tho. I know there are days when my face is clear and I don't mind the mirror but other days when the rash starts coming it's downright depressing. I hope you are feeling much better today {{HUG}}

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear that your feeling down. This is just a suggestion. Maybe you should consider not going to the party. If you do not feel it or think that you do not look how you want, do not put yourself in that situation. If your feelings are edgy, someone may possibly say something that you may take the wrong way. You may or may not enjoy yourself and do you really want to deal with that? I would like for you to go and have a nice time, but will you do that? Pray about it.
    Mrs. Kimberly Turner