Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Sleeping

I'll keep it brief because I know we all suffer from it but I want to take a quick survey. How much do you guys sleep each day? I feel like all I do is sleep!! I've started using the little energy drink bottles just to stay away for a few hours at a time. I'm not recommendint them, it's just what I do. I used to be so careful about my appearance. Now I know that taking a shower and putting on makeup will end up causing me to require a two hour nap.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I usually. Sleep from 10 Pm to 2AM then again from 3 or 4 to 6:30. I then have to get up for work; about 3 or 4 in the afternoon I'm exhausted, I start to put my head between my hand and close my eyes. 5 second power naps is all I can take. By the weekend all I want to do is sleep.

If anyone can figure out how to get more energy to stay awake I'd be grateful

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I usually. Sleep from 10 Pm to 2AM then again from 3 or 4 to 6:30. I then have to get up for work; about 3 or 4 in the afternoon I'm exhausted, I start to put my head between my hand and close my eyes. 5 second power naps is all I can take. By the weekend all I want to do is sleep.

If anyone can figure out how to get more energy to stay awake I'd be grateful

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i have intermittant sleep for about 10 or more hours a night.
    if i try to do any physical activities during the day, i need to rest as well.

Thanks

I tend to wake up every two to three hours all night. It's either my legs spasming, running to the restroom, waking up in a sweat or all three at once.
    I go to bed between 10 and 11pm, and don't manage to drag out of bed before 8 am. This is a real change for me - when I was teaching, I would grade papers and lesson plan 'til midnight and get up at 6 am to be at the school by 7 am. Those days are long gone.
    I have found that a melatonin and a magnesium before bedtime helps some.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I used to conk out by 8 or 9 PM and sleep until 2, read for an hour or two and then sleep until my back woke me up. Recently I have been able to stay awake much later - I think the drug I am getting from the lupus study is helping! I still wake up in the middle of the night and read until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I also have restless legs and have worn out two sheets this year. Also, this site is not helping my sleep because you all are so entertaining that I am staying up too late!

Thanks

Well there is the flair sleep and the new norm sleep. When in a flair I will sleep about 14 hours off and on day and night. I have interrupted sleep as well at night. That is rough as I drive in sun all day.

When I am not in a flair I sleep about 9 hrs a night .By about 2:30 I am groping my way through the day feeling as if I could cry I am so tired. Daily I wonder how long I can keep my job.

Thanks

I was on Ambien for two years before being diagnosed. Two years! I had no clue what a no-no that was. The GP I was seeing at the time just kept giving it to me, and I kept taking it. I worked the night shift in an ER, 7pm to 7am, and I would take my ambien every morning at 7:15. The longer I took the drug, the less sleep I got. I am a cautionary tale for Ambien. If I took it and didn't go to sleep immediately, I did ALL the insane things you hear about in the news. I will share this though, but remember. . .*cautionary tale*! When I took the drug I was completely pain free. That hasn't happened to me with any pain med. It ended up being terrible for me because since my brain wasn't receiving pain signals, I would way over-do it, and suffer hardcore the next few days.

Coming off the Ambien was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's also been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I get real, quality sleep now. I still wake up tired, but at least I'm not in an ambien fog for two hours. And I haven't given my dog a haircut in my sleep for months!

I've gotten out of healthcare, and off of the night shift. So now I sleep every chance I get. I find my days are shorter. Since it's summer I inevitably end up going to bed when it's still light outside. I feel the best when I get 13 hours of sleep. If I nap during the day it's harder for me to sleep at night, so I avoid naps. But I totally rest my body, keeping my head active. Thank you Netflix.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-27-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i usually get anywhere between 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night and it is not always a restfull sleep and napping during the day is out because i have my two youngest grandchildren a few days a week. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

On a good day, I go to sleep around midnight or 1, and wake up somewhere around 11. On a bad day, I'll go to bed at the same time, and sleep until 1 or 2pm. I also take a nap every day, averaging around about 2.5 to 3 hours long.

So I suppose, normal days I get 10 hours, plus a 3 hour nap,
    and a bad day, I get about 13, plus a three hour nap (sometimes i'll even take one or two more shorter naps on top of the long one, lasting about an hour)

Sometimes its like I'm awake for three hours, asleep for three, awake for a few, asleep for a few, until bedtime.