Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tips when overwhelmed?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Dance In the Rain, I am so with you! I am getting ready for my daughter's wedding and I HAVE to get stuff done, but I poop out quickly. Upbeat music helps me to stay moving, and I love to have the movie Mama Mia! playing when I really need to accomplish something. I like the 15 on/15 off idea - I'll have to try that. I usually get to a point where I just HAVE to take a nap, and then I am much more productive after that.
    Mama Mia!!! LOVED IT
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Oh I do love my naps! This last spell was 4 x a day.

Thanks

Hey D. I know what you mean about having to work through it. Sometimes life just won't stop long enough for us to catch up. Like lovely Regina Spektor sings, "Some days aren't your's at all, they come and go just like someone else's days." So I give myself days. This week, for example. Last week was rough, and I had to be out of the house every single day. Yesterday and today I'm working. So tomorrow is my "me" day. It's mine, and I make sure nobody takes it away from me. My friends and family get texts, I warn work not to even call. That's how I've gotten through this last week, by knowing that Tuesday was MINE!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

Dance in the Rain (06-27-2011), lovedbyHim (06-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Mama Mia!!! LOVED IT
    Gives me hope for middle aged women. We can still be sexy and romantic, and we can survive our daughter's wedding LOL!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

My distractions that help me through a long day are music-loud angry metal, like Metallica, AC/DC, Rob Zombie...

And coffee. Really strong, with lots of sugar.

I've never thought of getting some audio books. That's a good idea I'll have to try.

Rob

Thanks

Oh yes the coffee. Starbucks(when on sale) at home with lots of sugar and Italian sweet creamer(fat free). Oh my my! It's the little things. It helps me face another day.

Thanks

I agree. Coffee is what makes me look forward to the morning. I love my children, but there is nothing like a quiet cup of coffee to start the day.

If you want to try audiobooks, you might be able to download sone free from your library & you can get a free book at audible.com to try.

I am completely addicted to them myself.
    Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~ anon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dance in the Rain For This Useful Post:

rob (06-27-2011)

Thanks

I'm looking back at my previous post and shaking my head. Oh, how naive I was, and full of pomp with the "my day" business. It's now Tuesday morning, a little after 9am. I've been up for two hours and already the day has been taken away from me. My sister is here to mow the lawn, so I'm watching the baby. My dad showed up unexpectedly, and is so excited about fixing the roof of the porch. He brought his Very young step-daughter with him, so I'm in charge of her too. Loving, caring people have filled my house, mostly to help out, and I just want to hide upstairs until they all go away. I feel like such a selfish jerk!

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE. . . . . MEDS MEDS MEDS MEDS MEDS MEDS. . . . .

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpiessave View Post
    I'm looking back at my previous post and shaking my head. Oh, how naive I was, and full of pomp with the "my day" business. It's now Tuesday morning, a little after 9am. I've been up for two hours and already the day has been taken away from me. My sister is here to mow the lawn, so I'm watching the baby. My dad showed up unexpectedly, and is so excited about fixing the roof of the porch. He brought his Very young step-daughter with him, so I'm in charge of her too. Loving, caring people have filled my house, mostly to help out, and I just want to hide upstairs until they all go away. I feel like such a selfish jerk!

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE. . . . . MEDS MEDS MEDS MEDS MEDS MEDS. . . . .

I know how you feel,

My father is one of the most kindhearted, generous people you will ever meet. If I just mention a leak in my roof, he has the roofers over here the next day! Sometimes, he comes over many times a day to work on various projects, or to help me with things, whether I really need help or not.

Well, I felt like the selfish jerk when I finally had to take him aside, and "suggest" to him, that he should take a day off once in a while. He didn't get it. I finally just told him that I need a day off from him once in a while, and that I don't want people at my house every day of the week, no matter how good their intentions are, or how incredibly helpful they can be.

He just laughed, and said "Son, the next time I become a pain in the ass, just tell me I'm being a pain in the ass!" We had a good laugh, and he now takes a couple of days off!

Family will understand if you need a bit of space.

Rob

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-01-2011)

Thanks

I truly laughed out loud over your dad's reply Rob! Sounds like a good man. I think you handled that well.