Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tips when overwhelmed?

Thanks

I think I am so totally with my peeps...its all about the coffee!

And, I totally get that people wanting to take over thing...that's something that's new to me, since I just finally let people know I was suffering, and I appreciate them, but I am still planning on being the moether to my children, I don't want to lose touch. With them....

Great way to handle that rob....
    Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~ anon

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    I truly laughed out loud over your dad's reply Rob! Sounds like a good man. I think you handled that well.
    The credit really goes to him. He could have reacted with anger, but he reacted with humor instead.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I love the flylady. Sink Reflections is so helpful when you have lupus. I just do a little at a time. The flylady lives in my state.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wrightrs For This Useful Post:

luv1only63 (07-09-2011)

Thanks

I just noticed while reading through this thread that someone asked about the sugar and low carb diet. Like Mari i am doing a modified Atkins, but mine is solely for weight loss. Part of my Dx came from the huge weight gain that i had with the Lupus. I have found through the years that the only way i can lose is to cut sugar and carbs down. It's certainly not for everyone, but my doctor is okay with it.. So far i have lost 17 pounds, but i waiting to see what my new round of Pred is going to do. Fingers crossed

Thanks

Craftkeeper...all the best mate and i hope the new round of pred does'nt affect what you've lost working at it like you am.

Thanks

I put on a BIG smiling mask so no one knows how I feel. The mask eventually becomes me. I smile all the time and make people laugh. But at the moment, the mask is melting away, and there are cracks in it. People are starting to see the real me, and it isn't a pretty sight. Not that I am nasty, or anything like that, they see my pain and suffering. People know that I lie all the time, they tell me that to my face. They say, no you are not fine. My mask is slipping very fast.

So what tips do I have when I feel overwhelmed? Put on a happy mask and you will find eventually you will become a happy person. However, if the problems are not resolved in a reasonable amount of time, I have no idea how to overcome the suffering.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

You're already doing it Linda. You just let down the mask and be honest and eventually you will laugh again in the midst of the sorrow. Oh it will be twisted no doubt, but it will be awesome! Great to hear from you beautiful lady. When you get feeling really good, could you help me with my grammer and remembering names, as these new medications are making me goofy!

Thanks

Linda i always think there's no need for a mask mate because if your not well it makes people realize and that happy mask should only show when you are happy and you get a day where you feel more like your old self.

There's nothing better than the true you in everyone. xxx

Thanks

Right now I can't keep my humor up and pretend things are just "ducky"! I don't want to have to face more medical problems. I think I have enough! (giggle)!

But this weekend I am going to love on my grandchildren like there is no tomorrow! So this is how I will cope. I won't pretend everthing is wonderful, but I will laugh and play in the midst of the crap! We will make crap cakes, crap soup, crap pie, & grilled crap for the 4th of July!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-01-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm pretty much in complete agreement with everyone here Coffee and Music are the biggies.

Something I like to do when I wake up feeling like someone replaced my muscles with Jello or rolled me over with a steam roller, and I'm completely lost as to how I'm going to get through what I need to do that day, is I watch a goofy movie. I just shove aside that voice in my head that's telling me all the little things I should be doing, and I let myself relax and take an hour and a half to myself. By the time the movie is over, I'm normally feeling much more optimistic and ready to face the world. That's the wonderful thing about books and movies- they take you away to another place, and sometimes they can leave you feeling like you can do anything

Really the only other thing I can think of is to be tolerant with yourself. Sometimes I get so frustrated with what my body can and can't let me do, it makes me want to scream. But just telling yourself it's okay to take things slow, and get through the day one step at a time can really help. Just focusing on the task in front of you and doing it the best you can, and not freaking out about the 20 other things you've got to get done can help to minimize that horrible overwhelmed feeling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

Dance in the Rain (07-02-2011)