Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tips when overwhelmed?

Thanks

Default tips when overwhelmed?

What do you do when you need to get stuff done, and you just don't feel like you can get up & go? I feel that way now & I have never asked anyone before, since no one understood how I felt.

Personally, I love audiobooks. When I have to work around the house I put it on and it helps me keep my mind off of how I feel. I also use audiobooks when I can't sleep. At least I am resting with my eyes shut.

I also use the Flylady method...setting a timer for 15 min & then rest for 15 or more if needed and sttart over.

Today I am feeling a bit overwhelmed & wish I could go curl up in bed, but I can't.

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    D
    Last edited by Dance in the Rain; 06-26-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~ anon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dance in the Rain For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-26-2011)

Thanks

Music always helps me. When I am really sick it allows me to express myself as nothing else can. When I need to do something I dread doing, I put upbeat music on etc.

I also believe in rewarding myself. If I have to do a lousy job but feel poorly I will buy myself a treat, like iced coffers with whipped cream on top and then blame the weight gain on prednisone. Lol

I think I will try the audio books. I could have used them all last week. Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

Dance in the Rain (06-26-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Music always helps me. When I am really sick it allows me to express myself as nothing else can. When I need to do something I dread doing, I put upbeat music on etc.

I also believe in rewarding myself. If I have to do a lousy job but feel poorly I will buy myself a treat, like iced coffers with whipped cream on top and then blame the weight gain on prednisone. Lol

I think I will try the audio books. I could have used them all last week. Thanks!
    You should be here! We have sugar free iced latte's every evening. I decided I was spending too much money on them so it was cheaper to buy one. My daughter uses sugar free vanilla but I just like splenda yummy
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hmmm.. I think I would like that! But what about the whipped cream? I can't live without it! I can't Mari! (giggling)

Thanks

I just recently purchased a can of whipped cream made by Land 0 Lakes [the Butter people] that is completely sugar and carb free. It's made from real cream and is totally wonderful. It taste's like regular whipped cream only creamier. I think i paid 3.50 for the can, but it's really big and lasts along time.

Thanks

As you can see by my typing, i can barely function tonight.LOL

Thanks

You know you can make your own whipped cream using splenda and it tastes really good! Whipping cream and splenda.. great stuff
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Is there any reason that you guys are ccarb and sugar free?
    Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~ anon

Thanks

Dance In the Rain, I am so with you! I am getting ready for my daughter's wedding and I HAVE to get stuff done, but I poop out quickly. Upbeat music helps me to stay moving, and I love to have the movie Mama Mia! playing when I really need to accomplish something. I like the 15 on/15 off idea - I'll have to try that. I usually get to a point where I just HAVE to take a nap, and then I am much more productive after that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dance in the Rain View Post
    Is there any reason that you guys are ccarb and sugar free?
    I have used splenda in my coffee for years but I am on a modified atkins now because my doctor wants to see if it will help my seizures. Studies have shown that it helps some kind of seizures so we are giving it a try (OK, i really bit the dust this last week with the big ol' steroid shot but that is a different story). There is no diet that cures lupus and no one should try any kind of alternative diets without discussing them with your doctor first
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~