Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Communion

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Linda, Tammy, you guys are fine. As they say in Linda's part of the world "No Worries".

Rob

Thanks

I'd like to say that I believe it's not God that gave us lupus. God loves us. These diseases and illnesses exists in the world because of Adam's and Eve's sins. However, like I said, I believe in the Holy Communion. I am in hospital now (doctor had me re-admitted so that they can give me injections to get rid of the water) and I have been partaking in the Communion regularly and I am seeing my water retention improve and the doctor says I'm "right on target".

If you have chosen to believe in Jesus, I believe you will get better, just keep building your faith. Have faith.

Mark 10:27-
    But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by missfearless View Post
    I'd like to say that I believe it's not God that gave us lupus. God loves us. These diseases and illnesses exists in the world because of Adam's and Eve's sins. However, like I said, I believe in the Holy Communion. I am in hospital now (doctor had me re-admitted so that they can give me injections to get rid of the water) and I have been partaking in the Communion regularly and I am seeing my water retention improve and the doctor says I'm "right on target".

If you have chosen to believe in Jesus, I believe you will get better, just keep building your faith. Have faith.
    This is where we have to end this thread. To say that only people that believe in Jesus will get better or only people that believe STRONG enough in Jesus will get better goes against everything we try to do here. We believe in medicine. We encourage everyone to use whatever path they need in addition to their meds to find peace of some kind. We cannot, however, allow any thread to get to the point where it is saying that only one way is right. To state that only a select group can get better and ONLY if they have a strong enough faith really does go against every rule of this forum.

While I am very happy that you have found a way and a belief system that works for you I must ask that you not share your believe that Christians can get well if they believe strong enough. I know plenty of Christians that have this disease and they are still ill. I know some Atheists that are in almost full remission. It is about our bodies, not our beliefs. I am going to lock down this thread at least until I have time to discuss it with Rob and Susie because this is getting to a place that could be detrimental to the site as a whole.
    Last edited by tgal; 07-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    This is where we have to end this thread. To say that only people that believe in Jesus will get better or only people that believe STRONG enough in Jesus will get better goes against everything we try to do here. We believe in medicine. We encourage everyone to use whatever path they need in addition to their meds to find peace of some kind. We cannot, however, allow any thread to get to the point where it is saying that only one way is right. To state that only a select group can get better and ONLY if they have a strong enough faith really does go against every rule of this forum.

While I am very happy that you have found a way and a belief system that works for you I must ask that you not share your believe that Christians can get well if they believe strong enough. I know plenty of Christians that have this disease and they are still ill. I know some Atheists that are in almost full remission. It is about our bodies, not our beliefs. I am going to lock down this thread at least until I have time to discuss it with Rob and Susie because this is getting to a place that could be detrimental to the site as a whole.
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Susie, Rob and I have discussed this thread and we have decided that it will remain closed. After speaking to Susie it is very important that everyone understand why we are closing this thread. Although the Faith and Fellowship section will, as always, be open we must, as a family, understand that there are members here of every faith (and no faith) and each member is allowed to to travel their own path without it being questioned. Each member is allowed to testify as to what their particular faith has done for them but they may not advise other members that they must believe in our particular faith in order to be healed. Doing so is tantamount to professing to have a cure for Lupus and doing this will result in being banned from

Please understand, misfearless, that no one is angry at you. You are new in your faith and it is completely understandable that you are excited about the path that you have chosen. The problem was simply that your post was worded in a way that was going to upset others that do not believe as you do. The decision was made to go ahead and close this thread before the conversation became heated and anger took over . This section of our forum is so that people can share with others how their faith has helped them cope with this nasty disease. We must always be mindful that we never say anything when discussing our own faith that could cause another to feel like they are not appreciated or accepted by our community as a whole.

Peace, Love and a Pain Free evening to all of you
    Last edited by tgal; 07-05-2011 at 10:44 PM.