Thread: Hello from Texas

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hello from Texas

I've been reading posts on this Forum for several months and was diagnosed 2 years ago with Lupus. It is so wonderful to find out that I'm not going crazy and imagining all the fatigue and pain. I've spent more time on the couch this last year than I have in my entire life. All the medications I'm on have caused a lot of GI problems. On Nov. 4 and 5, I was ready to give it all up because I was in so much pain. I wanted to share one thing I've found that really works for me. My husband talked to a pharmacist when I was so sick and he said I needed to sip flat coke because all the sugar in the coke would help heal the lining in my stomach. It sounds crazy but in 24 hours, I was sitting up for the first time in days.

It's really nice to know I'm not alone in this and that I'm not the only with the thoughts that I have.

Thanks

Welcome eefell, I'm glad you officially decided to join us. I agree that it is nice to find out that you are not crazy and that everything is not in your head. Your comment about Coke is interesting. I have found that for abut the past year I have had to alsways keep Coke around. Usually about once a day my body gets this weird sick nauseous feeling and I feel like my body literally needs the sugar from Coke. It has to be Coke for me - not any other type of soda. My body has done weird things to me so far as what it can tollerate as far as food. Things I really used to like I can't stomach anymore. Well, I've ramble enough. I'm glad you are here. As you probably already know, this is a great group of people here. Take care.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Eefell :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I am happy that you decided to post. I had never heard about the flat cola, but I can see how it would work!! My husband is notorious for leaving his half-empty coke cans open and lying about the house. I generally go behind him and sip on the flat coke - I knew that I craved them for some reason, I just never know why?????
    Thanx for sharing that information :lol:

Again, welcome ..... we are happy that you are here
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I've started seeing a GI dr. because of all my complications and I told her about the "flat coke" and got a hum from her. I thought it might be a placebo but it works for me. I'm glad to know it works for someone else. The nausea is what puts me on the couch. I have 6 kids and never had morning sickness, I guess my body is making up for it.

Have a great day!

Thanks

Welcome to the board. I hope you love it here like we do. How weird on the coke. Hmmm maybe that's why I always feel better after drinking one? Now I can tell my dh there is a medical reason to pay the high price for real coca cola. ROFL Thanks for sharing. Meanwhile I have a prescription for Phenergan for the nausea that gets really bad. Have you tried that?

Thanks

Years and years ago they used to use Coke syrup to treat all sorts of stomach ailments... But, that was also back when Coca Cola had Cocaine in it, too...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Until Nov. I was a diet coke/diet pepsi fan all the way. I never thought I'd drink real coke. Like they say never, say never. Yes, I took Phenegran for a year and it stopped working so I was switched to another one Climenthozene. The names start to run together sometimes. One situation I have is my body only absorbs a portion of the medication I take. I've always had to have high does of medication for anything to work so it made since that my body only absorbs a portion of it. I'm curious if anone else is like that?

Thanks

eefell:

First welcome aboard ...Second...YES SIR RE BOB, I have trouble absorbing all my medication. One example is I have to take 10mg of coumidin a day to keep my INR at 2.5-4!!! That is a huge amount. Both of my grandmothers take it, and one takes 1mg 5 days, and 2mg 2 days a week, and the other takes .5mg 3 days a week and 1mg the other 4!!! ops: Sorry soap box!!!

I'm glad that the flat Coke works for you...it used to work for my aunt too, she would drink it before she got out of bed, and then would feel fine the rest of the day!!! I'm also glad that you don't do diet soda any more b/c the aspartamine is sooooo bad for you!!!

Best wishes to you!!!
    ~*~Shannon~*~

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    -Abraham Lincoln