Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms point to Lupus, but blood tests wierd

Thanks

Default Symptoms point to Lupus, but blood tests wierd

Can anyone help with this? I want to know what these blood tests mean.

CCP Antibodies IgG/IgA - 69 units - strong positive
    ANA - Negative
    RA Factor-RA Latex Turbid. - 13 IU/mL Normal 0 - 13.9
    ALT (SGPT) - 43 Normal 0-40
    Creatine Kinase, Total, Serum - 179 U/L Normal 24 to 173
    Monocytes - 13 Normal 4 - 13
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy - 18.7 Normal 32 to 100
    C-reactive value of 1.3
    These are the only abnormal results. Along with the repeated flare ups, paricardial effusion, constant protein in urine and re-occuring UTI's, migraines, fatigue, severe joint pain swelling, stiffness and pain. Kidney infections for several years, migraines. Had trouble breathing off and on for full year. Last year had a virus for 3 months straight, kept getting strep throat every month 3 months in a row. Toes turn blue and feel like I have frostbite, rash on face and feet, fatty liver, nodules on Adrenal gland and thyroid gland. Severe degenerative disc disease with subluxation. muscle weakness, which tear when I try to do lift anything heavy. Night sweats, feel totally drained in the morning, dizziness, numbness and tingling in hands and ear. Cholesterol and triglycerides are at 380 normally, have to take medicine to keep them normal, even with diet. C-reactive was high also, but under control now. Mitral valve prolapse, leaky tricuspid. Peptic Ulcer and Barretts Esophagus. Osteoporosis of the lumbar spine and hips. What would you say this is?
    Last edited by Lauraly72; 06-24-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Giving normal measurements

Thanks

Welcome, Lauraly! I hope you find information and support here that will help you cope with everything that is happening.

There are folks here who are good with the labs, but I am not one of them. "Normal" values vary from lab to lab, so it's usually helpful to know what the lab says the normal values are. You have a heck of a lot going on. Obviously you've seen a doctor who ordered the tests. What did he/she say about all of this? There are no doctors on this message board - we're just people with autoimmune disorders who are propping each other up. We rant about bad docs, and compare symptoms, but any advice we give is from personal experience.

Thanks

Laura - what are the lab values? They should be on the same page as the results.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-24-2011), tgal (06-24-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Welcome, Lauraly! I hope you find information and support here that will help you cope with everything that is happening.

There are folks here who are good with the labs, but I am not one of them. "Normal" values vary from lab to lab, so it's usually helpful to know what the lab says the normal values are. You have a heck of a lot going on. Obviously you've seen a doctor who ordered the tests. What did he/she say about all of this? There are no doctors on this message board - we're just people with autoimmune disorders who are propping each other up. We rant about bad docs, and compare symptoms, but any advice we give is from personal experience.
    Gizmo is correct. Each lab is different so we need to know what the value range is. What is considered normal and then what your value is. If you can post that maybe we can give you a bit more information.

I am really sorry you are going through all of this and I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

LOL Guess I should have kept reading before I posted about values. They beat me to it.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you for the welcome!
    I have recently started going to a Rheumatologist as of a 3 months ago. She says everything points to Lupus. When completing tests she says I definitely have an autoimmune disease. She has diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis. But she says something is brewing and wants to follow my symptoms and progression. Both of my sisters and my niece have Lupus, this is on both my mother and fathers side. My doctor has me on Plaquenil, Himura injections bi-weekly and monthly cortisteroid(prednisone) and B12 shots. I also take Ibuprophen for the pain. I can't take pain killers, they make me very sick. She said she is going to give the Humira another month, if it still doesn't work she is going to try another medication. I'm just happy that I'm not crazy and someone actually knows what is going on with me, somewhat. Sometimes I wonder why, because nothing is helping yet. The one thing that helped alot with the swelling and pain was the Medrol pack, it was the best week I have had in as long as I can remember. But she doesn't like giving it that often. Shes says it's not good for me.Oh well I hope to meet a lot of people I can talk to and maybe we can get through this thing together.

Thanks

It's wonderful that you have a rheumy who is concerned, willing to make a diagnosis and is treating you fairly aggressively.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Lauraly72 (06-24-2011)

Thanks

Yes, I am thankful for that. She is really helpful with everything that is going on. She actually listens to me and answers all my questions with a genuine interest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lauraly72 View Post
    Yes, I am thankful for that. She is really helpful with everything that is going on. She actually listens to me and answers all my questions with a genuine interest.
    That is so rare! I wish I had been that lucky early on! Looks like you are in good hands
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

welcome lauraly

there is 63 auto immune disorders.
    many of the symptoms overlap.
    you may have more than one at the same time.

read and learn, but be guided by your rhuemy. a rhuemy that listens and discusses is a rarety.