Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello.....new here

Thanks

Terry - oh I pretty sure there's some RA or PA mixed in here. Probably the PA since this whole mess seemed to start with a huge psoriasis flare 2 years ago when dad was dying. But when I read more about lupus, I understand that there are psoriasis-like patches on the scalp as well. So maybe it wasn't/isn't P? Mine does not flake. We have 2 patients with P and theirs flake. Mine just itches and turns into scabs (?). At the risk of grossness, I pick at the "scabs" and a couple of days later scabs have reformed. Then they go away for days and sometimes weeks at a time and then flare up again. Two years the whole right side of my head and neck were covered. Now it's just a small patch......another reason why I'm not sure it's P.

Thanks

Hi Marie,

Mine started off from birth with other ailments but mine showed four years back through psoriasis, when we moved property's and the lot started within 2wks of moving blisters over my face, weight dropping off and neighbours putting it down to the stress of moving but when it reached the stage of mimicing ringworm that's when it had gone to fare. I've never had the psoriasis patches on my head just large white flakes dropping out my hair and i tryed loads of different shampoo's and it stopped when i used Elvive and used nothing else since and don't get it.
    I've had inflammed lumps in my head that have itched like you have it and not knowing i had the Lupus, kept putting it down to a nerve rash because of suffering with my nerves but i know different now.
    Well i do hope you can get it sorted as it may be bad ezcema.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 07-03-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi there! I'm a little bit more new than you, but that doesn't mean I won't give you a belated welcome, hehe. It's definitely quite wonderful to have someone with a medical background on here, i'm sure you'll be a great attribute to the group. (:

I certainly know your pain of not being diagnosed and wondering what all is going on/hoping your doctors will see how sick you are. I hope everything goes smoothly for you leading up to and at your appointment and you get diagnosed without delay!
    Best Wishes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

tgal (07-05-2011)

Thanks

They don't call me Late Lana for nothing! Welcome to the WHL family. Sorry that you had the need to find us, but since you did, you'll find that there's no forum on the web as supportive as this.

I sure hope the rheumy has a cancellation before August, but I recall waiting a few months to get in and see mine as well. It was worth the wait. Not everyone's as lucky. I know. Make a list of symptoms and questions prior to your visit. That way "Lupie Brain won't let you forget anything pertinent.

Again, welcome aboard. BTW, sorry for the loss of your Dad. My Dad passed away last Sept. and my WHL buddies were very supportive as I was grieving the loss. Not an easy time.

Thanks

Hello Marie,

How are you today and hows the itching going as it eased a little...enjoy your day.

Terry xxx

Thanks

Hey guys - after kind of a miserable few days, I feel pretty okay this morning. How's everyone else?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Hey guys - after kind of a miserable few days, I feel pretty okay this morning. How's everyone else?
    Glad you are feeling better today. Don't over-do it though. Doing too much when we are feeling good is one of the fastest ways to put us into a flare

Thanks

Hi Marie, I'm glad you feel better. I am with Tgal on this one, I am guilty of doing as much as I can as soon as I feel a bit better, then bamb I am down again. Will I ever learn? Bless you dear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Hi Marie,

Now that's nice news to hear your less uncomfortable today and i hope your day carries on like that.

Refering myself same as usual mate thanks. xxx