Thread: Antihistamines and lupus

Thanks

Question Antihistamines and lupus

I was wondering if anyone has had and positive effects on their lupus hives or lesions using OTC or prescription anti histamines ( like hydroxyzine).

Thanks

Hi Sann,

I can't help you on this one mate but someone will answer in due course.

Terry xxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sann321 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had and positive effects on their lupus hives or lesions using OTC or prescription anti histamines ( like hydroxyzine).
    The answer is yes but not near as well as going to the doctor and getting the shot. The shot stops them right away. Be careful though, never take any OTC until you check with your doctor and make sure that it doesn't have any counter effects with your current meds
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

the reason i asked is because my dr. gave me some hydroxyzine and they seem to be working a little and i dont have a positive ana yet so i was just ridiculously hoping that maybe if it was helping then this couldn't be lupus. im still in denial i guess lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Isnt it weird how i am on many lupus meds including hydroxyzine yet they say i dont have it lol. I take this to calm me down and stop itching....yet i still itch like mad,but it has took the edge off the anxiety.Hope this helps you.
    love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx