Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does this look like a malar rash?

Thanks

Default does this look like a malar rash?

the rheum doc i saw didn't seem to think it qualified.
    what do you people with more experience and diagnoses think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Hi Anilla, I was told by one rheumy that I had rosecia. My PCP was livid. I have viewed so many pics of the malar rash and in truth they all look different to me (grin). One thing I did notice is that the red goes over the bridge of the nose and is not under the nose or upper lip. My chin and forehead both get red. Sometimes it litterly swells my cheeks. I don't get a rash actually. I can't see your photo as I am on my Droid phone for three days. I will try to upload a photo of me with a flair. I hope that helps some.

Thanks

Hi Anilla,

The Malar Rash is the (Butterfly Rash) I've had it myself and it showed deep red like a butterfly.

I'll add a pic so you can see it clearly and it's strength on the face and if yours is like this then you have it.

Terry xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

giggle (06-22-2011)

Thanks

its really hard to see. you need a better quality photo first

When mine comes up, it feels like I have something stuck to my face. Its almost raised and swollen. It goes over my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, a small portion of my chin and just above my eyebrows. Thats worst case scenario. Most of the time it just sticks around my cheeks and bridge of nose.

If its getting the tip of your nose or underneath or any non sun exposed areas, its less likely a molar rash. When mines coming up (I have had it coming up for a few days now) I can feel it over my nose and cheeks. Almost asthough I had been burnt, without any of the pain or stinging. You know that feeling when you burnt your finger in hot oil or something and it feels like you have something stuck there? Thats what my rash feels like. Like being badly sunburnt but without pain.
    Otherwise... it doesnt hurt or sting or itch... unless I dont keep it clean and looked after... It is possible for it to scab or turn into sores if it isnt cared for. But I dont know if thats just me because I have the extra added issue of rapid shedding/growing skin as a norm.

Thanks

Terry thats a really good example : )

Thanks

i have a good link to a comparitive site with pics... i dont know if i am allowed to post the link?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giggle View Post
    i have a good link to a comparitive site with pics... i dont know if i am allowed to post the link?
    Of course you are as long as it is on topic
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you mari : )

http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/ro...-of-lupus.html

This has photos and a useful description. : )

I don't know... I get the feeling that if you have lupus rash, you know it. At least for me, it was very definitive. Its raised but flat and feels like sun exposure but doesnt itch or hurt in any way. I guess where it would be difficult, is when is a very mild rash, like I have now. It hasnt developed a highly defined edge yet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-23-2011)

Thanks

Terry thats a really good example : )
    Giggle it's like you said mate, a closer pic would help we all.

I added a thread with that pic and showed my own face with how it's left a dark pigment scarring..dow this lupus just love to show it's hit you. xxx

Thanks

Thank you mari : )

http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/ro...-of-lupus.html

This has photos and a useful description. : )

I don't know... I get the feeling that if you have lupus rash, you know it. At least for me, it was very definitive. Its raised but flat and feels like sun exposure but doesnt itch or hurt in any way. I guess where it would be difficult, is when is a very mild rash, like I have now. It hasnt developed a highly defined edge yet.
    Giggle,

That's a good link mate...i've seen it before when looking at pic's but it's great to add and thank you for the member's.