Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chills and Sweats Without Fever

Thanks

Default Chills and Sweats Without Fever

I was wondering how many of you experience chill and sweats without a fever? I finally went to my Primary doc today as I am losing sleep and falling asleep while driving. My temp is subnormal as it usually is. My head hurts daily and muscle spasms remain in spite of all the new meds to help with this. I have felt chills like this before, just before a flair. Doc is testing me for lyme disease, which is very possible. I pick tics off my clothes daily. She is also checking me for iron deficiency. Any advice is appreciated. On a good note I was sent to bed for 3 days off work. Aaahhhhhh! Sleep.

Thanks

Three days off, excellent! I hope you are able to get comfortable enough to sleep and renew. It sounds like you have a good doctor who is taking your problems seriously. I hope she is able to find some answers and relief for you.

I get chills and sweats and feel like I have a fever when I get too much sun or activity. If I can go to bed and sleep for a few hours, I usually wake up feeling better. I have to plan to go to sleep after being outside or exercising or I am useless.

Thanks

Hi Tammy,

I get the chills and sweats without a flu mate...it's off Lupus itself it causes your temperature to fluctuate and the main 2 courses are Arthritis and SLE oh and i forget TMJ Disease can trigger these symptoms off also..they're a total nightmare stripping on and off with clothes.

Tammy all these symptoms may also become from the lyme Disease if you do have it..i'm adding a piece for you on it plus a Link mate.

Luv Terry xxx

Lyme Disease

Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is spread to human by infected ticks. Ticks are small, spider-shaped insects that feed on the blood of mammals, including humans.

The most common symptom of Lyme disease is a red skin rash that looks similar to a bull’s eye on a dart board. However, if Lyme disease is left untreated, further symptoms can follow including:

•a high temperature (fever) of 38ºC (100.4ºF) or higher
    •muscle pain
    •joint pain and swelling
    •neurological symptoms, such as temporary paralysis of the facial muscles
    A person with Lyme disease is not contagious because the infection can only be spread by the ticks.

How common is Lyme disease?
    Lyme disease is an uncommon infection. The Health Protection Agency (HPA) estimates that there are 1,000-2,000 cases of Lyme disease in the UK each year.

The ticks that cause Lyme disease are commonly found in woodland and heathland areas. This is because these types of habitats have a high number of tick-carrying animals, such as deer and mice. Parts of the UK that are known to have a particularly high population of ticks include:

•Exmoor
    •the New Forest in Hampshire
    •the South Downs
    •parts of Wiltshire and Berkshire
    •Thetford Forest in Norfolk
    •the Lake District
    •the Yorkshire Moors
    •the Scottish Highlands
    Due to their breeding patterns, the tick population is highest in late spring and early summer.

Ticks can also be found in rural areas in many other countries, including:

•France
    •Germany
    •USA
    •Austria
    •Sweden
    •Russia
    Outlook
    There is a widely held misconception that the outlook for Lyme disease is poor and that the condition cannot be treated. This is not the case.

If Lyme disease is diagnosed in its early stages, it can be treated with antibiotics, and the outlook for the condition is excellent. Most people will make a full recovery within a couple of days.

Even if more serious symptoms develop, they can usually be cured with antibiotics, although a longer course will be required.

A vaccine for Lyme disease was introduced in 1998, but it has since been withdrawn by the manufacturer due to controversies over alleged side effects.

The best way to prevent Lyme disease is to take sensible precautions when you are in areas that are known to have a high tick population, such as wearing long-sleeved shirts, and using insect repellent. See the Lyme disease - prevention section for more information.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Lyme-disease/

Thanks

I get them from time to time. I had them really bad when I was on steriods. My doctor told me that my "internal thermostat is broken" which to me says autonomic problem but its very much not understood how lupus effects the autonomic nervous system. Hope you figure out whats causing it!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,072 Posts

tammy, having a problem with your "internal thermostat", as ritz has put it, is also associated with fibro.

hot and cold sweats are unfortunatelly common. so is being unable to get warm, in cold weather.

i have an extra doona on my side of the bed. i put it on, take it off several times during the night.

Thanks

Yep i to suffer from chills and sweats. At first i thought it was just Meno, but now i'm rethinking all that. Ticks are horrible this year. It seems like they get worse every year.. When my oldest daugher was five { which was many years ago] she had one of the two cases of Rocky mountain spotted Tick fever.. It took 3 ER visits before we got a DX and i thought we would lose her.. Her neck and spine stiffened and she couldn't look up or down with her eyes.. Her fever went a little past 105. Thank God UT or Vanderbilt one was able to get us the medicine quickly.. We live way out in the country with woods on every side so every evening we have to detick ourselves.
    I hope you all the rest you can get on your three days.

Thanks

Thank you all for your help. All day and night I go through this. I continue to have muscle spasms in my shoulders, arms and up my neck. I keep feeling as if my head is too heavy for my neck and shoulders to carry. I am also having weakness in my arms now. I will try to read some more today. I am napping 3 x a day. Thank God I can stay home for a few days! It's hard to function like this. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm going through the same thing right now. my thermostat has been off kilter for years. I always feel like a fever and I don't have one. My PCP also suggested to check my vitamin D levels.

Thanks

Omgosh! I'm a Show Poodle today! I don't want to be that! I am more of a yellow lab. I can't possibly primp as much as a poodle needs primping! Somebody deliver me from being a Show Poodle!

Thanks

Girl i know one thing. you have got the most beautiful hair. why dont you just whack that stuff off and send it to me!