Thread: Styes and chalazions

Thanks

Default Styes and chalazions

Do any of you get frequent styes or chalazions on your eye? If you don't know what a chalazion is you haven't had one , be thankful. I go through periods where I get them one after another for like 6 months and then it stops for a few years. I had my first chalazion when I was 15 and it wouldn't go away, it got huge and had to be drained.

Thanks

After looking up what that was I have had one on my lower eye lid lol never went to the doctor for it though because we thought it was a zit back in middle school when my acne was really bad. It lasted a while too.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Oh....my chalazion made me look like elephant woman, it was horrible and I hate my parents for letting it get that bad.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Actually I had the chalazions all the time but I had no clue what they were. They hurt like the dickens and I would spend days using warm compresses on them and then I would pop them because they hurt so bad. Yes, it is not good to pop things I know. I just never thought it was anything in need of a doctor.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I have a "sty" on my right eye. It gets big and then it gets small. Sometimes it bleeds but no doctor seems to know what it is or what it is from.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

Sorry EmAli,

Never had them but i have had the small occassional spot on my lower lid thinking it was a poucke on my eye, so i always rub a wedding ring across them, it don't always help but i hope it either reduces soon or disappears for you.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot20_Gem View Post
    Sorry EmAli,

Never had them but i have had the small occassional spot on my lower lid thinking it was a poucke on my eye, so i always rub a wedding ring across them, it don't always help but i hope it either reduces soon or disappears for you.
    That is what I get! Hurts like the dickens! I can get them on the lower or upper lid and a friend told me about rubbing the gold on them not long ago. It works on stys too! Made it much easier then popping them!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    That is what I get! Hurts like the dickens! I can get them on the lower or upper lid and a friend told me about rubbing the gold on them not long ago. It works on stys too! Made it much easier then popping them!
    Mari,

The Gold that's surposed to remove them straight away is 22ct, instead i do my best with my 9ct been there with 22ct and glad i was out of it.lol

Thanks

I had styes when I was younger. Three years ago, I developed a chalazion deep in the lower left eye that had to surgically removed by my opthamologist. I haven't had an issue since.

Thanks

Hi BonusMom,

Nice to hear you've had no problems since you had your last one removed and i do hope it keeps that way for you.

Terry xxx