Thread: Positive ANA survey! If you have a positive ANA please visit!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Positive ANA survey! If you have a positive ANA please visit!

So I've read a lot of posts about people feeling multiple symptoms long before having a positive ANA test. So I was wondering if everyone would mind posting the length of time they were having symptoms before getting a positive ANA. And if you wouldn't mind the initial number and pattern. Thanks so much, I think this maybe an interesting thread. I'm actually wondering how good an indicator an ANA test is in diagnosing early disease.
    Thanks all & hugs,
    Suzanne

Thanks

It's been 11 years or so since my ANA was tested and I believe it was speckled. I don't remember the number anymore. I was diagnosed 6 months or a year before that, and I don't remember the number anymore. I was symptomatic for about 10 years before I got sick enough to be diagnosed. It was a positive parvo titer that clued my PCP in that it was autoimmune.

Thanks

positive ana 1:2560 (diffuse/speckled) low c4, elevated CPK and adolase, positive SSB, positive RNP, positive Sm

This is all just the info I got in a letter from my pulmonologist the only number I have is the ana.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I had a positive ANA which came in high in reading 3yrs ago when i was diagnosed but have had Lupus from birth, so in total 42yrs.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i had my symptoms for about 30 years before being diagnosed.
    my origional ana was 1:640.
    3 years later (last week) it was 1:1260

Thanks

im also wondering if your first ANAs came up positive or if it was the first, second, third, seventeenth etc. just gathering some data : )