Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fibromialgia on top of Lupus, Hoshimotos, Raynauds. UGH!

Thanks

I read that list that Shaztwirl linked to, and it seemed like a summation of nearly every possible AI symptom.
    So, is fibromyalgia sort of like mixed connective tissue disease - a conglomeration of a lot of other AI diseases?
    The docs just poked me in a few places and ruled it out.
    What if they made a survey of questions about all of those symptoms stated on that link? Don't you think a lot of us would answer yes to most of the questions?
    Seems as if a lot of us should be walking around with a fibro dx.

Some of it also looks like it could easily be misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's in an older person, which makes me think of my mother and my aunt again.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Last edited by magistramarla; 06-17-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks

Hi Marla,

Alot of diseases throw off the same symptoms and it really makes you wonder, could your body carrying more than Doctor's let on and with correct diagnosis. xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaztwirl View Post
    I've been doing a lot of Googling since my rheumy diagnosed Fibro. The list of symptoms is actually quite, no not quite but VERY long! I've added a link here that is supposedly the most complete list of symptoms available.

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org...lgia_Symptoms/

A lot of the symptoms overlap with Lupus symptoms such as nose and mouth ulcers, hair loss etc. I printed off the list and highlighted the ones I have problems with and quite scared myself LOL!!
    That's some good, comprehensive information. Thanks for the link!

Rob

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Well I now have another new diagnosis to adjust to. Fibromialgia. Am I even spelling it right? At least there is a name for these seeingly endless muscle spasms in my shoulders and neck. My Rhumey whom I love and trust is increasing the cymbalta and asked me to try TONIC WATER. She swears by it. She said it has quinine in it and seems to help some. Hey I will mix the cherry extract with it and get real creative. Thanks for listening to me whine. I do know it could be so much worse as I listen to your stories. Hugs to you all!!!
    It would seem that multiple diagnoses are the norm for us, rather than the exception. I have no less than three AI disorders. Having just one is bad enough, but it really sucks when they start piling up. But, once the initial shock wears off, I've found that managing multiple autoimmune disorders isn't that much more difficult than managing just one.

Tonic water does indeed contain quinine. In the past, tonic water was used as a preventive measure against contracting Malaria. Wanna see something cool? Take a bottle of tonic water and put it under a blacklight. The quinine makes it glow!

Rob

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-18-2011), tgal (06-17-2011)

Thanks

All I can think of is, " Is quinine like radium?" (giggling). Actually I am pretty disappointed in having to deal with more drugs & side affects. I am really wacked out on the increase in cymbalta. I have vice grip spasms off and on for years. But it's getting worse. Nothing is touching it presently. I realize it's good to find out so I can treat it, I just know how tired I am and there is no flair to be lifted this time. I walked my dogs and Hung wash for crying out loud. I am turning into a slug. Okay I'm done whining for today. I will learn and adjust to changes as needed. Thanks for listening. For those of you in much worse shape please forgive me for whining even more. Tammy

Thanks

Rob,

Funny enough i was'nt shocked finding out, just wanted to know what was going on and causing all the symptoms...it's the constant niggling pain everyday from either one joint or another, then there's your head to cope with.

A fare few people take quinine over here and come to mention it my dad used to have it in tablets from the herbel shop but i will admit i am a tea drinker every 10mins and the only time i touch water or milk is when i'm dyhdrated and then it's what my mouth gets the taste for, my hubby goes mad as he's a pure water man and lives on the stuff.

Thanks

I think if the pain was consistently in one spot we'd cope much better but when you start with pain in the left shoulder then 5 minutes later its your neck, then your right leg etc etc changing all the time. That's what gets to me!

Thanks

Actually lately its staying in two places. I just wish it would stop moving my vertabre. It causes my nerves to be pinched. Ugh!

Thanks

I think if the pain was consistently in one spot we'd cope much better but when you start with pain in the left shoulder then 5 minutes later its your neck, then your right leg etc etc changing all the time. That's what gets to me!
    As a teacher, I have to laugh sometimes because kids come to school and say they can't do their regular morning fitness run because they have a sore leg. (They are just too tired and probably went to bed late) But because they go to a Christian school, miracles happen by the time they go out to recess or lunch time - they can then run. But I am such a mean old teacher, I remind them that they had a sore leg during fitness time and that their mother wouldn't want them to run and hurt themselves even more. (bad bad teacher) All the teachers chuckle when the kids soon realise it isn't worth trying to get out of morning fitness.

I have no idea what the parents at my school think of me, possibly they may think that I am a hypochondriac Lupus patient. One day I limp on my left leg, by the time they come to school to pick up their kiddies in the afternoon I am limping on my right leg. Then the next day, I am limping on both legs (don't ask me how on earth I do that, I just do). GOSH and they seem to trust me to teach their kids. No wonder their kids try to get out of morning fitness, they learnt it from the master (me)

I also wish I had just one constant pain in one or even two areas. Life would be so much easier. I lay in bed each morning and have a little competition with myself on what is going to hurt more, the sad thing is, I am getting into quite a lot of debt loosing my own bets. I am no good at gambling!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-18-2011), Shaztwirl (06-18-2011)

Thanks

Hi Sharon,

That's mainly what i get pain moving around the body, you think it's gone BANG it's hit another spot..it's my hips and legs that mainly do me alot.