Thread: Nervous about filling out the questionnaire..

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Nervous about filling out the questionnaire..

Should I consult my lawyer before filling this out? It's the one that you fill out that states how Lupus affects your life. I'm nervous and I need to have it filled out before tomorrow afternoon. I have two doc appointments in July. Should I be nervous? I used to be in short-term disability and work comp so I know everything is scrutinized so much. I guess that's why it makes me nervous. HELP!!

Thanks

I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure what questionnaire you are talking about. Is it for an employer or a doctor or disability coverage?

Thanks

I;m not sure which questionnaire you are referring to either...but I think if you have the ressources of a lawyer available to you, it couldn't hurt. If this is as info for the doctors (are they new to you?) then it may be to gauge how much you are affected by lupus in order to plan treatment. It would likely become part of your medical file though and I would suspect (but do not know) that if disability got access to it someday, it could affect their decisions, etc...so maybe it is better safe than sorry.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did consult with my lawyer and they filled all of it out with me then they faxed it back to SSDI. It's the ADL .. questionnaire from SSDI/adjuster. Basically how Lupus affects me day to day. I had a work history one and a paint level one as well. All done! Having a lawyer rocks. I def don't mind paying them in the end if I win my case. I don't pay for anything if I lose.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Islablue For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-21-2011)