Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallo

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how difficult it must be to want to help someone with a chronic illness as well as other difficulties in their lives and that persons appears to push you away. You have been given some great advice concerning her possible state of mind. I would only add that perhaps you could make sure that she knows that, whatever happens, you are always going to be there for her. That she need only ask, and you will do everything that you can.
    You are doing one of the best things that you can do for her: learning as much as you can about Lupus, its symptoms, its treatments, how it affects her personally and things that can help her to manage her illness so that she can leave a somewhat normal lifestyle. Educating yourself will help you to understand some of what she is going through and help you know what things you can do (or not do) to help her. Perhaps, while you are learning, you can also share your knowledge with her (if she is receptive). In this way, you are not nagging her, but walking the journey with her.
    Please continue to come to us with questions or concerns and we will always be here to help you as much as we can. I do admire you for your willingness to help and care for her, even with your own health issues.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (07-09-2011), MinioN (07-09-2011)

Thanks

Hello MinioM,

I hope your feeling fine since you joined we and please keep we updated on how you are.

Love Terry xxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, a belated welcome to the forum is in order, hehe.
    Everyone on here has given you wonderful advice (: In the end, gentle patience and perseverance wins out. Just let her know that you are always going to be there for her to support her, and be with her through her journey.
    It's understandable that you would feel more of a connection to someone who knows your pain. We who deal with chronic illnesses and pain have so much trouble being understood by people who have no idea. It's very hard when your partner doesn't understand, so having someone who really knows what you're going through is comforting, even if you would never wish the pain upon them.

As everyone else says, she should be able to live a long wonderful life - even if it isn't "normal" or "healthy", by other peoples standards. She is no superwoman..she will need people there through the good times and the bad, and you can be that person who stays by her. You seem like such a sweet and wonderful person, and she is very lucky to have you, especially when you're so understanding (:

Welcome again (belatedly), I hope everything works out between you two. Scratch that, I know it will, even if it slowly unfolds (:

Thanks

Hello MinioM,

I would be nice to hear if your doing fine since you joined we...please keep we updated when possible.

Terry xxx