Hello,

So I'm new to this forum. I'm here for myself, but because someone I love has lupus. I'm not really sure what else to say, so I'll just cut through all the bs and get to the point. I need advice.

I was born with my own genetic issues, a muscular malformation of my eyelids. Nothing that shortens my lifespan or compares to lupus. I've had over a dozen surgeries. It's painfull on a daily basis but something I can deal with. I'm only 25 and am constantly told I'm an "old soul" because of everything I've been through. This being said, I recently fell in love with a girl who has lupus. I hate to say the cliche, missery loves company, but we find comfort knowing that we understand each other, and our pain, on some level. She is one of the few people who brings a smile to my face. The problem is, I'm committed and she isn't. She dosent want to hurt me in 5 or 20 years when she dies. To me it won't matter. It hurts just as much to lose her now, or after a lifetime. I keep telling her how I cherish every moment we have. Because thats all we have. And she still stays distant from me. I have all the patience in the world for her, because it's all I can have. But how do you guys deal with this issue? I'm sorry to hit what must be a sore subject so bluntly.....

Also on a rando tangent I recently saw a man was cured of aids/HIV from a bone marrow transplant. What does this mean for lupus? Can lupus be cured by the same method.

Thanks for any and all advice....