Thread: I guess I better say hello (and thank you)

Thanks

Default I guess I better say hello (and thank you)

I already post all my worrisome/initial shock comments in the Newly Diagnosed forum.

I just want to say hello. Again, I am a recently diagnosed male from Michigan. I was finally diagnosed at age 35 after complaining about pains since college. Always questioned my doctors about possibility of Lupus and was told by all (including on TV Dr. Gregory House MD) that is "it's not lupus".

Just starting taking Plaquinel twice a day and will try my best not to have Lupus change my life, as I always been able to work through the pain. I am a CPA by day and a Baseball/Dave Matthews Concert fanatic by night.

I am glad to have found this site so that others can understand and explain what I am going through. Plus, it is a great way to meet chicks!

Just kidding, I am happily married for nearly 10 years with a wonderful 3 year old, who refuses to let me give in to the pain. He has already gone through open heart surgery at 6 months, so if he can get through that-I can get through this.

Thank you again to all who responded to my thread and helped calm down-now off to Europe for a business trip.

Frank

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Frank,

I must have missed your posts the first time around. I'm another guy who was told "it can't be Lupus". Too bad they weren't right! It's funny, I joke that the best part of being a guy with Lupus is that the support groups and conventions are 90% women!

I was diagnosed in 2004. Been on Plaquenil for nearly the entire time since then. 400mg per day works pretty well for me. I see the Opthamologist every 2 months to monitor my eyes. No eye problems at all, even after all these years.

You might find that at some point Lupus will change your life. If you reach that point, don't sweat it. It happens to most of us sooner or later. I just try to roll with it, be flexible, and adapt. And, not all changes are necessarily bad either!

Welcome to WHL,

Rob

Thanks

Welcome Frank!

You won't find a better support system for lupus than the WHL family! Glad to add another male to the bunch as the two most active male posters take quite alot of "abuse" from us estrogen producers hehehe. Seriously, the guys contribute so much to our family, it's a pleasure to add another.

Welcome aboard!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i said hi in your first post....
    might say it again

hi

from another male!!

lupus has changed my life...
    i am on a disability pension, and not quite 50.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Wow the men are gaining on us! LOL

I am really glad that you are still at a place where Lupus hasn't changed your life. I will keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way!

Thanks

Hi Frank,

How you keeping since you joined up??...and i hope it's a less pain free day, keep we updated please.

Terry

Thanks

Default Made it to Europe

Made it to Switzerland, and I must Switzerland is so.....boring. (Sorry to all the Swiss out there). Don't get me wrong, the Alps are beautiful, but I am holed up in Lugano after a day in Zurich and can't even watch the World Cup finals-even though it takes place one country north of me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tazdmb For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (07-18-2011)

Thanks

Hi Frank,

Thanks for getting back to we and letting we know at least where you are...sorry Switzerland is not quite what you expected but at least the Alps are nice.

Try not to get to stressed about the world cup (wink) lol...but besides that i hope you feel fine with your health.

Terry

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
    I am glad to have found this site so that others can understand and explain what I am going through. Plus, it is a great way to meet chicks!
    Teehee...so true :P

House did eventually diagnose someone with Lupus, so there's hope for us yet! Just wanted to say a belated welcome to the forum. Everyone here is so great and supportive, i'm sure you'll love it here. Wow, what an amazing little boy you must have to have gone through so much.

Thanks

Hi Frank,

If possible please keep we updated on how you are, even though your in switzerland enjoying yourself.

Terry