Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: an update and a question about Medical marijuana

Thanks

Unhappy an update and a question about Medical marijuana

Hi Friends,
    I haven't been on here for couple of weeks. Just wanted to update you about my MRI results, for those who remember. I was send for an MRI because of migranes I have been suffering (aside from my usual headaches) .
    Thank you for your prayers, I don't have lupus in my brain THANK GOD! What I do have is Fibromyalgia. My Lupus is not active, and everything I am experiencing is Fibro! I kept complaining of my PAIN everyday, all night, muscels, joints, face scalp, fingers......you get the idea. also all the other symptoms that are same with Lupus, like extreme fatigue, depression, I have unbelievable mood swing and irritability ....basicly I am NOT ME anymore, I don't recognize myself .I yell I cry I don't like anybody.....I had thoughts of suicide.....
    Well I got more pills to my collection which I was happy about(cause I thought they would help), except....they don't really help. I tried (again) to stop prednisone ...wow...I lasted day and a half (again).
    So i have decided I will try medical marijuana.
    Have any of you suffering from Fibromyalgia tried Medical Marijuana? it's supposed to be NON_HIGH marijuana! don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be high! I am a mother of 2 and I need to be functional at all times! which I am NOT right now!
    So please let me know your experiences!!
    Thank you everyone
    Eva

Thanks

Sorry never tried it. I have terrible muscle spasms and nerve pain presently and suspect fibro. It is so exhausting and trying to deal with as of late. I've been put on skelaxin and cymbalta to manage it. Some days are better than others. Hope you find something that works.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i have fibro also.
    i take panedol osteo 2 tablets 3 times a day.
    celebrex and magnesium daily.

soft exercise like water aerobics. (not the fast stuff)
    is highly reccommended for fibro.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-13-2011)

Thanks

Hello Eva,

Lovely to hear off you and about your MRI results as i was commenting on your thread, well that's one good thing it not interfering with your brain.
    All the rest you get which you've mentioned i get that day in and out such a nightmare mate and i cry like yourself when it really gets me down, foget suicide it gets you know where i've done it and been there and look at me still here.

Well if your hitting the good stuff throw some this way, i could do with being on cloud nine myself at the mo. I've never smoked Marijauna myself but when i was younger i used to smoke draw/blow as we call it and it chills you right out and relaxes you.

Marijauna is being used for quite a few things now adays to ease pain as i've watched programmes on the box about it but it's been spaced out like taking medication, just becareful incase it helps that much and you dabble more because of your kids.

((All my love to you mate)) plus keep we updated.

Terry xxxxx

Thanks

Eva i'm adding this info to help incase you do go on it and it's used for 2hrs only each day.

Cannabis and Fibromyalgia

In order to find out if marijuana reduces symptoms in fibromyalgia patients, an open clinical study with 56 patients was carried out in Spain. The study group were comprised of 28 regular cannabis users and 28 patients who didn’t use marijuana. All patients completed a total of three questionnaires relating to their fibromyalgia symptoms and their quality of life.

What is Fibromyalgia
    Fibromyalgia is a syndrome – that is, it is a group of signs and symptoms which when experienced in combination suggest that the patient is suffering from a specific medical condition. As with many syndromes, the symptoms of fibromyalgia come and go and vary between patients. Some life factors can bring on symptoms or make existing ones worse, for instance:

•Changes in the weather
    •Stress levels
    •Physical activity
    The main symptoms of Fibromyalgia
    •Pain
    •Extreme sensitivity to pain, so that just the slightest touch is experienced as being painful
    •Stiffness
    •Muscle spasms
    •Extreme fatigue
    •Poor quality sleep
    •Brain fog (cognitive problems)
    •Headaches
    •Nausea
    •Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
    •Inability to regulate body temperature
    •Restless legs syndrome
    •Tinnitus
    •Anxiety
    •Depression
    Study Results: Cannabis and Fibromyalgia
    After 2 hours of cannabis use, visual analogue scales showed a statistically significant reduction of pain and stiffness, enhancement of relaxation, and an increase in somnolence and feeling of well being. Mental health scores in a questionnaire were higher in cannabis users than in non-users.

The Researchers concluded that “the use of cannabis was associated with beneficial effects on some Fibromyalgia symptoms.” They recommend that further studies on the usefulness of cannabinoids in Fibromyalgia
    patients as well as cannabinoid system involvement in the pathophysiology of this condition are warranted.”

Thanks

I keep seeing threads like this one, and it makes me curious about it, too. I've read that it really helps with the spasming muscles and the numbness of peripheral neuropathy. I wish that there was a pill form that the docs could legally prescribe, since I would never, ever smoke anything. I've had too many problems with my lungs all of my life to even try something like that. If the drug companies can make legal meds from opium, why can't they make one from cannabis?
    Good luck with it, Eva.
    Let us know if it helps you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    I keep seeing threads like this one, and it makes me curious about it, too. I've read that it really helps with the spasming muscles and the numbness of peripheral neuropathy. I wish that there was a pill form that the docs could legally prescribe, since I would never, ever smoke anything. I've had too many problems with my lungs all of my life to even try something like that. If the drug companies can make legal meds from opium, why can't they make one from cannabis?
    Good luck with it, Eva.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    I've often wondered the same thing. Drugs derived from opium are acceptable, but drugs made from another plant are not? It makes no sense.

Rob

Thanks

Thanks Steve.Bruce. I was crying on Sunday night as the pain wears me down a bit. I will look in to these.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Good luck with it, Eva.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Hi Marla,

When i watched it on the tele it was a chap in the uk using it for MS and because he was using it properly plus his doctor's new the goverment could'nt do nothing about it and he said it numbed the pain and given him great relief, so there must be something in it like you've said.

Our goverment won't bring it in legal for it to be used so that chap was lucky having Doctor's behind him.

Thanks

Rob there is a pill form. I believe it is called marinol or something like that. I had a consumer in our mental health program who was given it to help her stop self injuring. I don't know how affective it would be for the spasms but I can tell you I used to use it in my 20s and it was of course wonderful for forgetting all worries. Down side was it made me terribly unmotivated (grin). I guess my muscles were relaxed, because all I wanted to do was sit around and enjoy my friends. Hope this helps and doesn't lead anyone astray. Just a truth. And...I did inhale (chuckle).