Thread: Siezures

Thanks

Hello Mary,

Hows Alan now and are you coping ok besides being worn out?? xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaryS42 View Post
    Hi All first of all thankyou all so much for all the support and information it has been very useful.Update on Alan is no-one at the hospital think the seizures are Lupus related they did a CT scan and it was "clear" he is to have an MRI scan but not till friday 3 more days away(shocking) .He has had just over 40 seizures since midnight on Sunday this is now 5.30pm Tues he is exhausted (so am I) ive been "sleeping" on a chair at his bedside now for 2 nights im exhausted also but I cant leave him he breaks his heart crying everytime he has one he's terrified and so am I as they are so violent.The doctors have also said no way is this epilepsy as he is fully conscious during them and the CT scan would've shown if it had of been Epilepsy he was already on 40mg prednisolone so they are giving him Diazipam straight into the vein it doesnt stop the seizures but they arn't quite as violent as they've been.Love to all and thanks once again M.x.
    Mary, I cannot imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers go to you and Alan. I'll even include the idiotic doctors in hopes that they will figure out how to help Alan.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

thinking of you and alan.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-15-2011)

Thanks

wow, I have tried to keep up with reading the various threads but it is hard as I have to use my droid to read them at home. I'm so sorry mary for what you are going through. I raised a boy with special needs and the suffering he endured nearly broke me. Bless you dear woman.

Thank you everyone for teaching me so much. I wonder how you have endured so much and are all on here to encourage me just when I am nauseated.

Mari, I am sickened by your medical system of care. We have more here in PA. I wish you were here and if they did not help you, I would fight for you! Thank you for all you do to help us here!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lovedbyHim For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-15-2011)

Thanks

Hi All once again a huge big thankyou to you all for all the wonderful help support and information you have given me since joining you have no idea how much this has helped us but i have to say a huge thankyou to Tgal the link you sent me i printed out and marched into the hospital today and demanded that all these "idiot" consultants read it and at least consider the possibility that it could be CNS and finally I got one of the doctors to consider and start treatment for CNS seizures and what happened at 3.10pm today Alan had his last seizure (68) since midnight on sunday we are keeping our fingers crossed that he has no more and they get to the bottom of it all.The doctor that listened and started the CNS treatment also said that the CT scan showed 2 abnormalities on the back right and left side of the brain however it is still not clear what the cause is and the MRI should give a better picture yet one of the consultants said the CT scan was clear(Idiot)!!!! Anyway we are now thankfully on the right road.Hope you are all well take care Mary.x.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaryS42 For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-27-2011), lovedbyHim (06-15-2011), Peridot20_Gem (06-15-2011), steve.b (06-16-2011), tgal (06-16-2011)

Thanks

Hello Mary,
    That's what we're all here for to love and support one another through stressful times.

I am pleased you marched into the hospital and showed them Mari's link, good on you mary, that's what i love to hear and especially now they'll be treating Alan and i'm touching wood for you that his 68 seizure's are the end of it mainly for Alan but to make less worry for you also.
    They should still run furthur tests to see what those abnormalities are as they're most likely the cause of all this.

At least somethings happening now but i do feel sorry for the stress his body as gone through to show something and by you sorting them out, which they need sometimes but now i do hope Alan picks up and you can get some good sleep.

Thanks for updating we mary it's s appreciated when a member is ill.

Love to you both and all my wishes to Alan. xxxx
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-16-2011 at 11:21 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i am glad alan is on the right road now.

again i suggest everyone read maris link, there is information there that we all need to know.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-16-2011)

Thanks

I am so please for you and Alan. Let's hope the road to recovery is smooth
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-16-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Awesome news!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-16-2011)

Thanks

Hello Mary,

Hows Alan been today, as he had anymore seizures? and are you doing ok in yourself because it's such alot of stress and worry and what Alan going through won't help him one bit.

Kisses to you both Terry xxxx

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot20_Gem For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (06-16-2011)