Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Siezures

Thanks

So 2nd Chemo is over with and have to say has gone better this time so far no seizure while at hospital however kicked off when back home no sickness but bad diahorrea for past few days but hey ho cant have it all good I suppose.Social work have finally organised respite for me dont know how i feel about it yet I think yes it would be great to get some time to myself but on the other hand i'll just worry about him if im not with him!!!! We'll see how it goes.Hope everyone is well take care luv M.x.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,131 Posts

good to hear the social worker is going to give you a rest.
    even if it is to go and get your hair done, or have a quiet coffee somewhere.

you do need time for you!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (10-03-2011)

Thanks

Hi All so just another update Alan not doing so well the chemo still ongoing however Alan deteriorating rapidly.He's still having seizures every day between 3 to 5 and now nightly about 3 to 4 he is now completely unable to walk in doors he is having severe breathing difficulties he's been diagnosed with sleep apnea and is suffering severe cramping. So we're not doing so good just now praying that we get a reprieve soon.Hope you are all well take care Luv M.x.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaryS42 View Post
    Hi All so just another update Alan not doing so well the chemo still ongoing however Alan deteriorating rapidly.He's still having seizures every day between 3 to 5 and now nightly about 3 to 4 he is now completely unable to walk in doors he is having severe breathing difficulties he's been diagnosed with sleep apnea and is suffering severe cramping. So we're not doing so good just now praying that we get a reprieve soon.Hope you are all well take care Luv M.x.
    Mary i am sorry that things are going so badly for you. I have to ask a question. I am NO doctor so remember this is just a question from another sufferer. Have they tried upping his steroids? I have been going through a really bad spell with my seizures no matter how much seizure medicine I am on. I had to go off my steroids and plaquenil for a few weeks and the seizures came back in full force. It appears, for me , that the seizures are related more to inflammation in the blood flow system to the brain more then to an electrical problem such as epilepsy. Have the docs looked into that at all
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (10-17-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,131 Posts

thinking of you and alan.

(((HUGS)))

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Hi Mhari what you are saying sounds like thats what it could be so i will certainly ask the doctors to look into it.They have just reduced the steroids today from 50mg to 40mg but thats because he also got diagnosed with steroid induced diabetes today. All of his seizures till now he has been completely awake throughout them but in the last 2 weeks he has had 2 really violent one's where he has lost conciousness so they are changing now and they are getting more violent.He is also having more brain fog starting conversations but not finishing them then when you ask what he was saying he's arguing that he hadn't said anything in the first place or he asks a question then 2 minutes later he asks the same question but swears blind he never asked in the 1st place then when i convince him he breaks down crying he is so frightened with all this thats happening and its so frustrating for me to sit and watch and not be able to do anything to help.Luv M.x.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaryS42 View Post
    Hi Mhari what you are saying sounds like thats what it could be so i will certainly ask the doctors to look into it.They have just reduced the steroids today from 50mg to 40mg but thats because he also got diagnosed with steroid induced diabetes today. All of his seizures till now he has been completely awake throughout them but in the last 2 weeks he has had 2 really violent one's where he has lost conciousness so they are changing now and they are getting more violent.He is also having more brain fog starting conversations but not finishing them then when you ask what he was saying he's arguing that he hadn't said anything in the first place or he asks a question then 2 minutes later he asks the same question but swears blind he never asked in the 1st place then when i convince him he breaks down crying he is so frightened with all this thats happening and its so frustrating for me to sit and watch and not be able to do anything to help.Luv M.x.
    I am sorry that you are going through this. It is so hard to watch. My thoughts are with you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (10-18-2011)

Thanks

Wee bit of good news for a change Alan won his appeal for DLA(disability living allowance) he has been told it will be back dated to Jan 11 which is fantastic news just wanted to share xxxx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaryS42 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (10-18-2011), tgal (10-18-2011)

Thanks

Wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for both of you
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

MaryS42 (10-18-2011)

Thanks

Thanks mhari such a weight off our shoulders they gave him an indefinate award which is fantastic