Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaquenil Baseline: One big FAT victory!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sharpiessave; What a great post and I love how you/we can find such joy and celebration in each of our successes! I admire your outlook and I admire you!

You Go Girl!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Well she's definitely not letting doctor's and Lupus get at her that's for sure and i hope your keeping fine today. xxx

Thanks

All I can say is that I love this post. Love your spunky attitude too. You're awwwzum. lol
    I've learned the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.

-Gilda Radner

Thanks

It's people strength and determination what sharpie as which keeps sites fighting and going strong with whatever comes at them.

"Good on ya sharpie"

Thanks

This morning I had to wake up at 4 for work. I woke up tired, not surprisingly. I stumbled into my computer room thinking of all of you guys. Just knowing you're out there, or on here I guess, is what gives me strength. Well, you guys and my 4yo goddaughter.

Last night we were sitting around the dinner table. Her mama's a nurse, and most of the family works at the local hospital, so it's not unusual for our dinner conversations to turn medical. We were discussing a friend's recent appendicitis, when Emery chimed in with "Um, you guys!! I know how it works! There's this little ball in your belly, and it gets bigger and bigger, til it wants to explode, and then you gotta go to the hospital and have your opinion taken out!"

After we were done wiping away the laughter tears, we started talking about how awesome it would be if we could pick and choose who's opinions we would like to have removed. Wouldn't it be fantastic if, whenever anyone said "You'd feel so much better if you lost some of that weight,?" or "You look so much better; you're healed!" or "But you don't have a butterfly rash, so you must not really have lupus", we could just take a little pair of tweezers and pluck those dumb opinions right out?

Lucky for us, we have this safe haven, this beautiful site full of loving, caring, and understanding people to balance out the absurdity in our everyday lives.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (06-19-2011), Peridot20_Gem (06-19-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

from the mouths of babes...............
    no she did not really get the words wrong.
    we just cant complete her request yet.
    lol

Thanks

Last week one of my clients with mental illness kept staring at my body and then she blurted out in front of many other people, " boy your really putting the weight on!" Ugh! Pluck...

Thanks

Everything you've said mate is right...would'nt it be lovely just to remove things we don't want. xxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovedbyHim View Post
    Last week one of my clients with mental illness kept staring at my body and then she blurted out in front of many other people, " boy your really putting the weight on!" Ugh! Pluck...
    When I was teaching Grade 2 kids, the kids were sitting on the floor while I was reading them a story. In the middle of the story one of the little boys (6 year old) said in a loud voice, "You have hairy toes" .... Pluk (and I don't mean pluck out my toe hairs). When you are a teacher, you just have to leave your self esteem at the door at the beginning of the day, and collect it again at the end of the day.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Tell me did you shave your toes when you got home? My feet are red or blue most of the time now from the Raynauds. They would have a hay day with my feet. Smurff feet!