Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I still have goals and dreams. Do you?

Thanks

Default I still have goals and dreams. Do you?

I was wondering, do any of you have a list of things you have dreams or doing someday? In spite of all the symptoms and loss of who I once was, I still have goals and dreams that I have not yet seen fulfilled. I want to go to Cambodia and work with sex trafficked children. I want to go backpacking with my girlfriends one last time. I want to raise goats again. I want to go to Alaska and see bigger bears.

I don't know if I will ever do these things, but I am going to try. Perhaps you have a dream I might want to try. Please will you share with me. If only to live vicariously through you for now.

Thanks

Great post for me I would love to travel to Europe, hike around that area. be able to smell the sea and feel the sand between my toes. I always would love to do camping, fishing with my kids under the moon. I always would like to watch a hockey game live again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Of course I do! Lupus is part of my life, not all of it. I've recently become an empty nester. Its now the time for my husband and I to rediscover each other and enjoy ourselves. My future involves my mixed media art and setting up an Etsy shop and participating in craft shows locally and hopefully nationally. Lupus isn't going to stop that. Lupus will just come along for the ride and hopefully behave itself. Lupus modifies my dreams, it doesn't take them away.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-11-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Good thread! Due to some of the things that Lupus has done to my mind and body there are things that I can't do. I am not one of the ones that is lucky enough to only have to modify my dreams. Some things had to go completely out the window but that is OK, once I was able to accept that I was able to start looking for new things that make me feel alive.

Right now my fabulous daughter is 16 so most of my dreams and thoughts of the future have to do with making sure that she gets into college and begins to have the life she deserves. After that I hope to work with abandoned and abused animals in some way or another. I often say that I like animals more than I like most people so I would love to be able to spend time with them.

I also hope to get to a place where I can get back to work. Who knows what my future holds. It will be very different then I had planned but I will make sure it is still rewarding
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (06-11-2011)

Thanks

Yes new dreams are wonderful too. Did I tell you the new dog I have was abused. She is @9 yrs old and is finally loved. She is special and hard work, but is coming along. I hope your dreams come true!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Since my SLE and MS diagnoses, I have fulfilled many dreams.

#1-Find a house on a little piece of land out in the middle of nowhere with a view of the ocean. Done

#2-Learn how to sail, navigate, and explore that ocean. Done

#3-Learn how to drive a race car. In progress

Most importantly though, is the dream that I was not thinking about, or pursuing- meeting a smart, beautiful lady who accepts me as I am, autoimmune disorders and all- Done

My life post diagnosis is more extraordinary than it ever was, or could have been back when I was healthy. It's made me both stop and smell the roses, as well as get busy living.

Rob

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-12-2011), Shaztwirl (06-13-2011), tgal (06-12-2011)

Thanks

Love it Rob! Nice to know you have been at this living thing for awhile. Prison ministry was one of my dreams and it has already begun. I'm so happy for you! You motivate me so much on the bad days. Thank you!

Thanks

My three main dreams and goals Tammy, is mine and my hubby's health picking up one way or another, the home being done out again next year then the lots done for abit and 3rdly a good 2wks holiday because i've not been on holiday in at least 6yrs.

Now that would be HEAVEN
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-12-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks

When you say holiday, is that a vacation. I would love all of this for you too. Where would you go on a holiday?

Thanks

I love to hike Liz! You see all the details that way!