Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is sle making you age & look older

Thanks

Lightbulb Is sle making you age & look older

I'm adding this post hoping alot of member's will join in and show how SLE what i have, is making them age because it's so strong in my system, i can't believe how it's changing me so quickly besides other Lupus connected Diseases would help to show their true colours and what they're doing.

If you can get involved and add 2 pic's within a few years difference it does help to show it's process.

TOOK 3YRS AGO

THIS IS ME NOW "Alot of difference"

Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 06-11-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't have any pics to prove it but lupus isn't aging me. Time is aging me. Honestly, I've been told several times I look younger recently. Why? because last July I left an extremely stressful job. Because I'm taking better care of myself more now than any other time in my life. Because I making a conscious effort to be my best me. Because I intend to hear the words "you look too young to be a grandmother" LOL
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Hi ruziska,

I did this thread because i could'nt believe in how 3yrs it's changed me, mind you with thing progressing in my system i'm not surprised.

People are most likely saying your younger because you've got out of a stressful job and you sound like your picking up nicely by how your looking after yourself.
    I mean i wash and look after myself like any other woman but it's making no difference but my depression as been with me now for quite a few weeks unless that's what's doing it.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I don't take pictures (the one on my profile is about 4 years old and it was the first one in about a decade. It has done the same thing to me that it has done to you. I have aged A LOT. Unlike you I have put on a lot o weight as well. Weight gain was one of my original symptoms but once I started the steroids it became very bad.

I also have not been able to color my hair due to the sores in my scalp (thankfully they have been gone for 3 months and I get to color this weekend) so I am 50% grey. Yes, Lupus has aged me. On the bright side I am still living and enjoying my family.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not sure if it's age or Lupus, but I found a pic of me from 4 years ago and I feel as if I look a lot younger and I'm in my 20's so I don't think I should be aging this fast. Don't jump on me for saying this b/c I know I am still young, but I just feel like without makeup I look like crap. I used to be in makeup artistry and hair and when I did that I didn't feel as if I needed it that much.... BUT NOW I do. Dark circles under my eyes.. facial redness, uneven tone...and Lord at the stretch marks on the rest of my body. I haven't gained or lost weight so quickly that I'd have so many stretch marks! I don't have kids either, so I can't use preg as an excuse. I guess it's just my skin now that's diff.

Thanks

Hey all. I'm really glad you brought this up Terri. Lupus has aged me so much just in the last year. The dry skin, hair falling out, and the circles under my eyes have really aged me past my 51 years. And like Mari the weight gain was one of my first problems. I went from a size 10 to a 16 in no time.. So depressing. But i'm working on the weight and i think i will get my hair cut short to make it look a little fuller. My hubby thinks the Malar rash is cute. LOL. What a guy. And by the way, even through all of the pain you ladies have suffered, you are all still very attractive Ladies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to craftkeeper For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (06-11-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    I don't take pictures (the one on my profile is about 4 years old and it was the first one in about a decade. It has done the same thing to me that it has done to you. I have aged A LOT. Unlike you I have put on a lot o weight as well. Weight gain was one of my original symptoms but once I started the steroids it became very bad.

I also have not been able to color my hair due to the sores in my scalp (thankfully they have been gone for 3 months and I get to color this weekend) so I am 50% grey. Yes, Lupus has aged me. On the bright side I am still living and enjoying my family.
    Hi Mari,
    Dow worry i dow like pic's but i have an hubby who's camera mad but i don't mind the occassional one but the flashes hurt my eyes.

Well how you've said it's aged you, i just kept thinking it was just me because alot of lady member's look healthy on their pic's even yours does but now you've mentioned it i'm not alone on this one.
    I am sorry your gaining weight off the steriods and i do know how you feel mari, was on them years back as you know and they took me to 18st i just could'nt cope with the aching all the time, so it must really be getting to you.
    Well how you've sorted your hair, from the picture below it's grown into the bob nicely now and all one colour but needs re-dying with my roots as the grey is showing but the hair i lose when washing it is madness.

Well i'm living the same mari but not living life to how i'd want to at 42 it just annoys me how much Lupus limits you. xxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Islablue View Post
    I'm not sure if it's age or Lupus, but I found a pic of me from 4 years ago and I feel as if I look a lot younger and I'm in my 20's so I don't think I should be aging this fast. Don't jump on me for saying this b/c I know I am still young, but I just feel like without makeup I look like crap. I used to be in makeup artistry and hair and when I did that I didn't feel as if I needed it that much.... BUT NOW I do. Dark circles under my eyes.. facial redness, uneven tone...and Lord at the stretch marks on the rest of my body. I haven't gained or lost weight so quickly that I'd have so many stretch marks! I don't have kids either, so I can't use preg as an excuse. I guess it's just my skin now that's diff.
    Hi Islablue,

The way you feel like your looking without makeup, dark eyes etc Lupus can do that and it may be just slowly be creeping but refering stretch marks i have those on my stomach, legs and under my arms but i think it's when i went blowed up on steriods years back because i'm steralized and never had kids either.
    Well maybe it can affect your skin in that way also, that's something i've never looked up really but all the best mate otherwise. xxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craftkeeper View Post
    Hey all. I'm really glad you brought this up Terri. Lupus has aged me so much just in the last year. The dry skin, hair falling out, and the circles under my eyes have really aged me past my 51 years. And like Mari the weight gain was one of my first problems. I went from a size 10 to a 16 in no time.. So depressing. But i'm working on the weight and i think i will get my hair cut short to make it look a little fuller. My hubby thinks the Malar rash is cute. LOL. What a guy. And by the way, even through all of the pain you ladies have suffered, you are all still very attractive Ladies.
    Hello Mate,

Now it is lovely to hear off you, you've not been on for abit and i have missed that wit.lol

Well i'm sorry to hear your looking past 51 mate but it's really gone to work on me in the past 2yrs and i don't know if you feel the same sometimes, you look after yourself then realize what a disease is doing and feel like throwing the towel in.

My eyes have been dark underneath since a kid well i know why because of this but i hope you manage to get your weight under control and i'm not being insulting to your hubby but what's going through his head mate to think the malar rash looks cut.lol

Craftkeeper we're all still attractive in our own ways mate and what a lovely thing to say but like i said before great to hear you on line again.

((Hugs & Kisses)) xxxxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

note to self: don't get on the computer after a night of not sleeping. I meant no offense to anyone. I meant that I will NOT let Lupus beat me. Several years ago, back in the days of misdiagnosis, I was on prednisone, methotrexate and plaquenil and lots of shots for migraines. It reeked havoc on my body and my mind. I've looked at pictures of myself then, and that was when my kids were in grade school and I looked more like their grandmother, not their mother. I thought that was my future- an old woman in my 30's. I hated everything about the way I looked. Flash forward to pictures from my son's wedding and I seriously do look younger now then I did then. I've not done the prednisone and the other stuff for years. Do I think Lupus ages us? No. The meds we have to take to live with it and other conditions? No doubt about it.
    I sincerely apologize if I said anything offensive. I swear I mean no harm. You all are the best and I am blessed to have found you and this forum.
    V/R
    "Ruziska" Rita from Montana
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"